Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

70 evinrude fuel lines, is this correct?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 evinrude fuel lines, is this correct?

The lines have been attached with zip ties for abot 20 years and have held up. Ive got a fuel leak at the tees. I'm certain the lines are rotted since the larger line with the white tie was just replaced due to pin holes in the line. My question is, is this they correct way to do it? Is there better clamps that will work in tight quarters?

Spring clamps or Oetiker clamps are good choices.

Spring clamps looks like the best fit for my application. Thanks.

Those zip ties worked well. They never were intended to prevent leaks. A tight fitting hose/nipple fit does that. The clamp is there to prevent any chance of the hose blowing off. Yeah, I like spring clamps too. Oetiker are the ultimate, but come close to overkill. Those screw-type clamps are the worst.

What year is that 70hp? My fuel lines look completely different
          Hold my Beer...I think I`ve gotta Bite!!

`87 Rajun Cajun 70HP Super Dooper Looper Rude