1962 Johnson 75hp

Project-Man

Recruit
I've recently acquired a,1962 75hp johnson electromagnetic boat. I've done quite a bit getting it ready to start and hopefully float.,I've worked through most questions but have one I need help with.

These boats have lots of fuel lines and air lines and I hadno idea whom ones to hook where. I've seen several videos but can't pick out the fuel lines.

Second question. This being a 2 stroke motor the plugs should be firing every stroke. Therefore it doesn't matter where your plug wires go? Correct?

When I get the pubs together I'll post some on the work I've done.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
??----It certainly does matter where the plug wires go !!-----Check the numbers on the wires and on the distributor cap.---

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not an expert here, but it ABSOLUTELY matters which plug the plug wires go to...

Not familiar with your particular engine, but fuel lines would run from tank, to engine cowl connection, then to pump, then carbs.....

Sounds like you should get yourself a factory service manual at a minimum as it will describe in great detail how it works.

Last edited:

F_R

Supreme Mariner
That motor also has three water hoses to the automatic choke. Actually two water and one vacuum line.

Firing order is 1-2-3-4.

#1 is the highest up, #2 is next down, and on other side, #3 is next down and back to the first side, #4 is lowest and on other side again.

yorab

Ensign
I assume you motor is nearly the same as mine. Here are some pics of the hose and wire routings. Let me know if you need more zoomed-in pics and ask if you have more specific questions.

002.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

018.JPG

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Snazzy paint job....I would have thought the distributor cap would have been on the bottom, like my Fat-Fifty.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Snazzy paint job....I would have thought the distributor cap would have been on the bottom, like my Fat-Fifty.

Magnetos have the cap on the bottom. Battery ignitions have the cap on top. CD ignitions are a different story.