Need Honda BF5A Info For Parts

medic138

Recruit
I just bought a 90's? Honda BF5A four stroke. I'm trying to order the charging kit and a water pump kit. The parts guy at Boats.net needed the rest of the model number to make sure we get the correct part (like BF5A "LA" or whatever it may be). Other than the serial number, all I can find on the motor block is "BADE 1101435". I can't find any kind of reference for the prefix of "BADE" anywhere on the internet. I've checked it three times to make sure it is for sure BADE. Any ideas?

medic138

Recruit
Re: Need Honda BF5A Info For Parts

Well, thats what Ive been trying.....I can't find any model number for the BF5A that has a VIN begining with "BADE". If I could find something beginning with that, it would give the specific model number and year. Even the service guy didn't offer alot of help....

medic138

Recruit

You're absolutely right. I didn't notice the prefix on top of the SN tag......I was trying to use a stamp on the side of the block. Turns out it is an BADL instead of BADE making it a BF5AK-LA. I sure appreciate the tips! Now I can order the charging kit and impeller. Thanks alot!

medic138

Recruit

Now for some folloup questions regardinbg the charging system. As I stated above, this motor is a Honda BF5AK LA. The charging system for it is obsolete. I did manage to find a parts diagram for it though.....PN 06310-ZV1-810. Since I can't buy this kit, I looked at a similar charge receptacle kit PN 06310-ZV1-A00 to see if it would be compatable even though it's for motors post 1997 and mine is pre 1997. The flywheel is the same in the newer kit as the flywheel in the pre 1997 kit. Since this would be the primary piece of the kit that would HAVE to match up to my motor as far as the kit fitting or not, would I be wrong by trying to use this kit for my BF5AK LA? It seems like the same exact kit overall except some updating with the rectifiers and coils. Any suggestions?

OldTech57

Recruit

I too am in need of this info..I found the engine stamp BADE2001887 and the number on the outside BADS 2001553...where do you find the serial and the site to decode the serial...tnx