Honda Bf30a Electric Start Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Bf30a Electric Start Conversion

Hi Everyone, You guys have helped me before so I am back again. I have a 2002 Honda BF30A, manual start. I'm looking to convert my pull start to an electric start. Honda-marine website isn't helpful and currently during the holiday period, I'm unable to contact a dealer. I have noticed in the shop manual for the engine that there are a lot of differences in the wiring of an electric started honda, but I'm thinking it doesn't have to be that fancy. Does anyone know were I can look for this information? I've tried the web but not able to find what I'm looking for. Thanks again.

Re: Honda Bf30a Electric Start Conversion

It's around $650.00 for the parts.
    Elvin
    My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
    2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
    3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

I see that you deal with Tohatsu but I don't see where you deal with Honda. I am not doubting you on the price, but can you tell me a little more, ie what I get for 650.00 and a contact number.

Comment

We don't do Honda anymore. I'm just trying to give you an idea as to how much the parts would cost. You need to contact a Honda to get a firm price on the kit and they will be able to give you any further information on what is involved.
        Elvin
        My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
        2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
        3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

Working...
        X