What else does my lower unit need?

R3zrunn3n

Cadet
pvanvSea Rider Special shoutout and thank you for your help, knowledge and advice, I can’t say it enough.

i FINALLY got my LU off.. got my motor to start after carb kit, fuel stuff replaced and cleaned, spark plugs and stuff, turned on and noticed it wasn’t peeing but before I could get my LU off which confirms the water pump REALLY needed to come off.. I got the kit but should I do anything else while I have it disconnected? I bent/cracked the plate a bit, advice?

I hope that hole I put in the side doesn't hurt anything? it's okay if water gets in there? or should I seal it w/ something?

Thanks! I'm really new to this..if you couldn't tell -_-

pictures....

Attachments

• photo309113.jpg
    photo309113.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo309114.jpg
    photo309114.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo309115.jpg
    photo309115.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1
  • LU01.jpg
    LU01.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo309119.jpg
    photo309119.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Hole01.jpg
    Hole01.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

R3zrunn3n

Cadet
I ordered the "Lower Unit Gasket Kit".. should be here soon.. not sure what gaskets would even come w/ it? I didn't see any.. I bent up the side pretty bad

pvanv

Admiral
Do the complete wp kit... impeller, cup, and plate.

If wanting to do the LU seal kit... not a bad idea, since you have it all apart, anyway... you will be replacing the drive shaft seal, prop shaft seal, prop housing o-ring, wp o-ring, and the cam rod bushing o-rings (two inner, and one outer). The inner ones will test your skill and patience.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I ordered the "Lower Unit Gasket Kit".. should be here soon.. not sure what gaskets would even come w/ it? I didn't see any.. I bent up the side pretty bad

How did you bent the lower AV plate, banged hard on it without using a wooden block ? Did the lower leg separated from middle leg in small steps, assume didn't fell off with last hard bang on AV plate ? Try to correct the bent, don't break the AV plate thought..

Have you checked the thermostat condition ?

Happy Boating