Honda BF 50 upgrade

Lysergicpt

Recruit
Hello guys , i own a Honda BF 50 outboard motor , im wondering if it isanyway possible to give it a little more horse power ! thanks in advance !!!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

What are you trying to achieve, faster hole shot, carry more boaters, increase top end speed ?

Happy Boating

Lysergicpt

Recruit
Thanks for the welcome , first of all excuse me for some mistakes in my english but im from portugal , the thing is that me and my friends are doing spearfishing , and with 4 persons and the spearfish equipement the boat struggles to "lift" from the hole .. it does sometimes but just with the right conditions .. i think with that extra 10 hp the hull will lift easy from the hole and "plane". soo i think carry more boaters is the right anwser!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Not always, if having a tachometer installed, report max wot rpm achieved as previously described test on calm water cond while combo is on plane and motor riding perpendicular to water level. Can go from there maximizing a less ptch prop to pull wot revs up higher and consequently achieving a much better hole shot. If without a tach impossible to maximize a prop. Adding spearfishing equipment for 4 is like adding an extra boater...

If hard to plane with 4, try 3, distribute deck weight evenly. Is your boat a center console, open boat, tiller driven and its length ? What's current prop pitch installed '

Happy Boating

Last edited: