Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel rotation

Would anyone know the correct rotation of a 1989 35hp force outboard

Shift the motor to forward.-------Turn the flywheel and note the way the prop turns.

Comment

The rotation is CW.
      I have never seen an old OB with CCW rotation.
      Maybe there is some from really early years, and I do not know about the new from late 2000.

I know snowmobiles that change rotation when running reverse.

Comment

Some MERCURY motors around 1959 were " direct reversing "------Motor was started to run opposite direction for reverse.

Comment

Nordin is right.
          WHY???

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
          ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Thank you for your input, I have the lower unit off for some regular maintenance and was going to manually test the water pump and I wanted to make sure I was turning the impeller in the correct direction.

Comment

The impeller will orient itself when the motors started or turned over.

Where in Fl.?
              Fill out the signature and include a location??

​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

I’m not sure I understand the last reply from jerryjerry05 I’m understanding the question is for my location, I’m in a suburb of in Illinois. Hope that was the correct answer.
                Once again thank you to everyone for your input as well as to any future responses.

Comment

Sorry wrong post
                  Had another say he was a neighbor and the post was directed to him.
                  Enjoy the rest of the day!!

Comment

Working...
                  X