info on minn kota trolling motor

dusted800

Recruit
purchased a boat with a minn kota 80lb thrust, 24v motor. with foot control and previous owner stated it had a remote but he lost it and never purchased a new one. motor does say on it copilot. the serial number is wwaf0034763. Can anyone tell me if any MK remote will work or if not, what do I have for a model so that I can replace the remote. thanks wk.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: dusted800, nice having you join us here on iboats...

If you can find the actual model number of your trolling motor, contact the manufacturer and see if they still offer a remote, or if they can at least tell you which one(s) would work. Then search the net and EBay for such a remote... JMHO!

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
I see those remotes hanging on the racks at sporting goods stores all the time. I don't think they are motor specific so it should be easy to find.

bassman284

Commander
There are several different remotes. You might try contacting MinnKota with the serial number to find out which remote you need.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
There are several, but I think the copilot model works for all the copilot motors and the ipilot remote works for all ipilot motors.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Go to Cabelas, ****'s, Gander Mountain, etc., and look at the package or on-line product descriptions. It tells you what they work with.