GPS/Depth Finder,

Lawnpro979

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok Guys: Finley figured out my Depth finder is dead. " Fariah mounted in dash" it has in hull Transender, and I really dont wanna Replace it. Rather. spend the money on a new GPS/depth finder. it seems that there are some really good ones on the markett, Went to Pro bass shop. and left more confussed.
I really dont need all the fish finder options, But more wanting the GPS,Depth, and speed indacater. I have 11" wide and 9-10" high to work with. and really like the wide ones.

I would like to have alarms for deep/shallow water. any susguestions? what to look out for ?

Thanks

Lawnpro979

Petty Officer 1st Class
screw it..... I ordered a new depth finder. Will do the GPS thing later......

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Lawnpro, I have similar issues with the latest offerings for depth finders/fish finders as well. Seems there are more "options" these days that are geared towards things I honestly have no use of and therefore don't want to buy. I like a good quality depth finder and even a GPS setup for locking in good spots to revisit later. But I honestly have no wants for all the other things they provide to help you out. CHIRP and multi-frequency capabilities honestly have nothing to do with what I want to have. As more and more technology surfaces, the cost goes up for such things and in reality, most folks will never ever utilize those added on options often then experiment with them initially and forget about them for the most part... It is like new vehicles these days. They offer more electronic gadgetry then the average person will ever use. But the draw for such things is there latest selling point. I mean lets face it, the typical causal fishermen or women will never use all those fancy options but rely on their abilities over electronics to accomplish their catching... JMHO!