transducer but no power head,fish finder

jw1992

Cadet
good evening fellas,<br />i picked up a boat with no electronics,but the transducer is mounted on the back.<br />i plugged in my buddy's lowrance x51 it it worked fine.<br />my question is.....how do i find out what fish finder i need???<br />there is some great deals on e-bay units w/no <br />transducer or power cables.<br />is there a way to narrow down my search as the boat itself has just about broke me!!!<br />thanks<br />j.w

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: transducer but no power head,fish finder

Howdy, JW.<br /><br />Have you thought about a Lowrance X-51?

jw1992

Cadet

jb,<br />i guess what i am wondering is...will any other units work as well.<br />i see there are a wide variety of x-series made by lowrance.<br />thanks for the reply<br />jw

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think any current Lowrance or Eagle will work, JW.<br /><br />When I upgraded from a X-65 to a X-85 I used the same transducer, and did the same to my son's boat, Lowrance died, replaced it with an Eagle.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Boatist

Rear Admiral

I know the X50 has the old black connector and uses a 192 khz transducer. I am not sure about the X51 but todays units use a 200 khz transducer and a different cable connector. You can buy an adapter cable to connect the transducer. The difference between 192 and 200 Khz is so small I would not think it would be a problem except for the weakest signals. Call Lowrance and Eagle and see what they suggest. Actually just checked Lowrance and LEI web site and it appears X51 is a current model and uses the Gray connector and a 200 khz transducer like all the current models. Check out the LEI site.<br /><br /> http://www.lei-extras.com/store/default.asp <br /><br /> http://www.lei-extras.com/store/search.asp