Trolling Motor

fishincop

Recruit
Hello all,<br /> I have a 17'6 Venture, fiberglass fish n ski.<br />with a 140 johnson. What would be a good size trolling motor to put on it? It has a Johnson Trolling motor on it but it doesn't work and I don't know how to trouble shoot them. Also, I can't find anything about this boat. I searched the net for venture boats and can't find anything. Any ideas would be great!<br />thaks

D

DJ

Re: Trolling Motor

Bill,<br /><br />I asssume you want to stay with a 12 volt? I would. Get the biggest 12V you can find. Something in the 48 pound thrust, or better, would be sufficent.<br /><br />Can't help you on the boat ?.

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, dj gives the good info... always<br />you might regret not getting more than enough later, kinda like buying diapers :D <br /><br />i used a 30# thrust TM on my 17.6' f/ski for a long time, and it worked out well for me. and its a fiberglass rig with a 140rude.<br /><br />if you've ever cracked open & repaired a starter or alternator, even the dc motors used in pwr windows & seats in a car- you can most likely get your old TM going again. it just needs to be sealed when re-assmbld. probably, its just got a seized(rusted up) brush(sliding contact) from internal water leakage, in the foot/ business end... just a thought :)

fishincop

Recruit

Where is a good place to find replacement parts for johnson trolling motors?