Motorguide wireless remote issue

triton75

Cadet
I've got a motorguide W55 wireless remote on my boat and the remote died or quit working. So, i puchased a new one online. The instructions say how to program it to my unit, you're supposed to power the unit up and within ten seconds, hold down the + and - keys until you hear an audible long beep. So, this was performed just fine without issue. However, when i go to hit any buttons on the remote after that, nothing happens. the trolling motor will not respond whatsoever to the new remote. Please help with suggestions, i'm so spoiled to the remote it's not even funny. Any advice? Suggestions? thanks everyone in advance.

cheers, triton75

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Motorguide wireless remote issue

Try erasing the memory then reprogram. Erase Memory [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]- to erase all serial numbers stored in the receiver’s memory: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Power-up the motor
Within 10 seconds, press and hold all four outer buttons on the remote
Listen for a long low pitch beep indicating the receiver has erased all stored serial numbers.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]

triton75

Cadet
Re: Motorguide wireless remote issue

thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I did and it works now. I had to reprogram the foot pedal and remote, but it was easy! Thanks for the tip. cheers!

triton75