Pics: My bow mount trolling motor install

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer
I recently purchased a Minn Kota 60lb 24v trolling motor. My tri-hull doesnt have the best available area on the bow to mount the motor so I did my best.

I elected not to mount it at an angle going along the curve of the bow because I would have had to drill through where the teak wood slats are on the bow. Instead, I went with a more straight mount that does block the starboard bow seat when the motor is stowed. I'm not too worried about this because I don't allow anyone to sit in that seat when I'm steering the boat anyway. I used a piece of Ipe hardwood as the mounting plate.

Four bolts with large washers are going through the bow and bolting underneath into where the anchor is stowed. I used large 1 1/2 inch washers to provide additional support where mounted. There is existing plywood support underneath of the fiberglass cap so there is plenty of support strength. The motor is very secure and doesnt move at all.

Comments, suggestions, critics are welcome.

Thanks for looking

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Pics: My bow mount trolling motor install

Edit/Delete: (didn't catch that you made it out of ipe, thought it was particle board :eek:)

Looks good to me.

pduquette

Ensign
Re: Pics: My bow mount trolling motor install

I like your ideas , they are helping me with a similar issue . peter