flush mount kits for VHF

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Now that boater's world is gone, West is the only marine retailer here. I want to get a lower-end VHF and flush mount it but can't seem to get anyone at West to confirm which models, if any, can be flush mounted, or where to get the kits/brackets to do so. Icom has brackets and there are some brackets for some of the higher-end Eclipses.
It shouldn't be too complicated; I ordered a "flush mount kit" for my Garmin GPS/Sounder and all I got was a baggie with 4 tiny bolts and washers in it. That's how they get you! But I'm afraid to just buy an Eclipse or West and take a chance on being able to mount it. For that reason I'd rather not buy on line unless I was sure I had everything; I like the accountability of buyng in person locally.
I really don't want a Uniden and if I have to will plunk down more bucks for an icom. But I was hoping to be in the $100-$120 range and for my boating needs/skills I feel safe with that.
So have nay of you flush-mounted a West or Eclipse or similar and if so how?
(this will go on a flat vertical face on the dash of a Sea Hunt 212 CC; lots of room)
Thanks!

RobG

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: flush mount kits for VHF

Home Cookin';

The boaters world website is still open. It seems as if David Ritz closed all the stores but left the website operating. No problems ordering from them.

Here is the link:

http://www.boatersworld.com/

Rob

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: flush mount kits for VHF

I bought one today at West and ordered a Kit ( two brackets and some screws). It was described in the owner's manual (which obviously I didn't have until I got the radio; opened it at the store). West was confused b/c they have just changed the parts numbers on the kits so they are unavailable under the old number; in stock under the new.
Ritz sold the boater's world on-line store seperately from the other assets.

thanks, all

ETA West emailed back from last night with models that flush mount and parts numbers for the brackets.