Just bought boat w/ Motorguide Brute 750

NJBASS856

Recruit
I have recently purchased a 1993 Fisher Marsh Hawk 3V from a friend. I have been given all of the manuals except for the front mount trolling motor, Motorguide Brute 750.

I have attached a picture of the battery compartment. The battery in the picture is connected for the outboard motor. If I were to connect each terminal to a battery would it be 12V unless I jumped a wire from Battery #1 POS to Battery #2 NEG? If i were to do this, would this effect my 12V accessories?

The person I bought the boat from bought it from a friend who bought it new; however it has been awhile since they have hooked up two batteries. I have searched the internet in an attempt to find a manual with no luck. Thanks for any help!

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_2816_1.JPG
    IMG_2816_1.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 1

rndn

Commander
Re: Just bought boat w/ Motorguide Brute 750

First off, Welcome to the forum!!:):)
I can't tell by the picture so I'll give you generic information. If your trolling motor is 24 volts then you need 2 12 volt batteries hooked up in series. One positive to negative and then connect your trolling motor to the two empty battery terminals, one on each battery. If you do a search on this site you will find many posts some with diagrams to help you out. If it's a 12 volt troller then you can just use 1 battery or 2 batteries hooked up in parallel. Positive to positive and negative to negative. In this case hook up your troller to the positive on 1 battery and the negative on the other.
Finally for your accesories as long as you are just attaching them to 1 battery you'll be fine.
Also go with an onboard charger to keep everything fully charged when not in use. If you end up with three batteries total then go with a 3 bank charger.

NJBASS856

Recruit

Thanks for the welcome Commander. The Motorguide Brute 750 has a switch that would enable it to be a 12V or 24V. One of the lead has a red (+) and a black (-). The other lead is orange(+) and a black with blue(-). I just don't know if one of these leads is for the accessories. Everything looks as if it were original from the factory. My intention was to "series" the batteries and have a 24V setup. I have already purchased a two bank charger, one lead for the starting battery and the second lead for the "series" batteries.

I'm just afraid a "series" the batteries for a 24V and end up frying my components before I even make it to water.

Was hoping to find someone with an owner's manual that they would either sell or make a copy (small fee) for me.

Thanks for the help.

rhuble64

Cadet

i just aquired an old motorguide brute model 655 41# thrust . anyone know how to drive it . its new to me thanks

rhuble64

Cadet

i just got an old motorguide brute 655 41# thrust any one know how to operate this thing? not sure what makes it work maybe it dont work! thanks