Mariner 422R trolling motor

aborgman

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I have a Mariner 422R trolling motor I picked up last year, and I need some documentation... anyone have anything? Manual, wiring diagram, mounting instructions, specs, anything?

--
aborgman

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mariner 422R trolling motor

This is apparently a 12 volt motor so it will operate from a single deep cycle battery. Install a 50A breaker on the positive post of the battery, then run 6 or 8 gauge wire (red) from the breaker to the motor. Run black wire from the negative post of the battery to the motor. Bolt the motor to the bow and go fishing. Nothing complicated about the install. Position the motor where it fits and bolt it down.

aborgman

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is apparently a 12 volt motor so it will operate from a single deep cycle battery. Install a 50A breaker on the positive post of the battery, then run 6 or 8 gauge wire (red) from the breaker to the motor. Run black wire from the negative post of the battery to the motor. Bolt the motor to the bow and go fishing. Nothing complicated about the install. Position the motor where it fits and bolt it down.

The power connection is missing the half that attaches to the battery... but I can work around that.

It's the mounting that confuses me. I was hoping someone had anything on it.

--
aborgman

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Post a picture of the mount and we can help. I take it this is a sissor mount. If so, you simply bolt the mount to the bow. You pull a release cord to tilt the motor and drop it into operating position.

aborgman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Post a picture of the mount and we can help. I take it this is a sissor mount. If so, you simply bolt the mount to the bow. You pull a release cord to tilt the motor and drop it into operating position.

Well, after playing with it a bit last night, I think I have it figured out. It's a scissor mount, but it isn't nearly as easy as pulling a cord and dropping it into position.

Stowed position:

DSCF6682.jpg

Operational postion:
DSCF6683.jpg

Switching between the two, while on the water, may be interesting to put it mildly.

Step 1: Climb out on bow

Step 2: Release catch (marked by yellow arrow)
troll-trans1.jpg

Step 3: release second catch (marked by yellow arrow)
troll-trans2.jpg

Step 4: rotate various pieces into operational positions
troll-trans3.jpg

I can definitely see myself going overboard trying to stow/un-stow this beast.

--
aborgman

jlarnold6

Recruit

Im looking for the deck mouting bracket for this motor ..can anyone help...