No Power To Horn, Accessory, Radio and Front Nav Light Help!?!

TogaLake1988

Recruit
boat : 2008 Bayliner 185 Bowrider
Engine: Mercruiser 3.0L

Last weekend my battery went while out at a restaurant, when changing out the battery I stupidly connected the wrong side of the terminals. After doing so I had no power to the ignition but after doing some research I found and swapped out the 90A fuse in the starter solenoid and was able to get it running. Now this past weekend while out watching fireworks I found that my horn, front nav light( back post light works), stereo and accessory switch are not working. I changed all of the fuses under the dash, Would it be safe to assume that the small gauge wires running from my battery are fried and need to be replaced?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
or you have a bad ground.

time to start troubleshooting

BTW.....welcome aboard

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Do any of the wires look melted? Is the insulation color normal, any swelling? Are you positive all of the wires are connected to the batteries? Do you have a voltmeter? Start with one thing at a time like the stereo, is it possible to test for voltage at the radio? If not trace it back to the bus bar or connection to it's power source. Are there separate fuses for each device that's not working? Is there any one thing that is common among the devices that are not working?

TogaLake1988

Recruit
I didnt have the terminals crossed long at all and looked for any melting on the insulation but didn’t see any. I don’t currently have a voltmeter but I guess that is gonna be my next step. There is an fuse box with individual fuses for each switch on the dash, I Changed the fuses today and still nothing.

Attachments

• photo334488.jpg
    photo334488.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo334488.jpg
    photo334488.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1