Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depth Finders: In Hull vs Transom mount?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth Finders: In Hull vs Transom mount?

Looking to replace my current depth finder with something that indicates reliably. I bought the boat, and it already has a Hummingbird depth gage on the gage cluster, and a Lowrance Elite 3x fish finder, neither are reliable. There is a transducer mounted in the bilge, pretty sure I damaged the wire when replacing the engine, hence my problem...

Ideally, I'd like to have integrated GPS into the unit, solely for route tracking, as I just moved to a new area. I'm not interested in fishing, so I don't need any of these $1000+ units that show me the fish below me..

Other than depth and GPS, I'm open to suggestions / recommendations. I don't feel comfortable with drilling a hole for a transom mounted transducer, but when I look online there seems to be way more of those available than anything else, so maybe I just need to get with the times... Can anyone recommend a direction on this?

Oh, I should probably add that it's an old hull that I'm wanting to shoot through - 1995 Regal 256 Commodore.
Working...
X