Simrad GO7, Stereo/speakers/Amp Help needed.

rygu96

Recruit
I already have a three battery set up. Starting battery in The rear and two deep cycles under the center console. I have a Perko battery switch 1 or 2 or all. So big question is what is the possible best way to hook up my Simrad GO7 with NMEA 2000, Stereo with 2 speakers and Amp. I was thinking of getting a 4th house battery that would be isolated from the rest but with a ACR or VSP to charge it with the running alternator. I would also want an on/off switch for these new electronics to shut off when not in use. What is the best switch? Second perko on/off switch or can I use a rocker switch? Any feedback would be appreciated.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I already have a three battery set up. Starting battery in The rear and two deep cycles under the center console. I have a Perko battery switch 1 or 2 or all. So big question is what is the possible best way to hook up my Simrad GO7 with NMEA 2000, Stereo with 2 speakers and Amp. I was thinking of getting a 4th house battery that would be isolated from the rest but with a ACR or VSP to charge it with the running alternator. I would also want an on/off switch for these new electronics to shut off when not in use. What is the best switch? Second perko on/off switch or can I use a rocker switch? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Your way over thinking this.

Many, many people running with navigation electronics tied to the starting battery. I run redundant chart plotters and sonar units. One pair is connected to the "starting" battery. The second pair is connected to the "house" battery.

As for a switch, Simrad was very generous and installed a perfectly good switch on the front of the unit. No need for anything else.