Electrical Issues

Zbc0014

Cadet
I bought a 2006 Larson Senza 206 boat in pretty bad shape. Got a new motor put in it and in the process of getting it cleaned up and ready for the summer (got a little extra time because it’s rained 36 inches in the last month so lakes aren’t really open)

Everything is good except for one thing, the switch panel to the right of the steering wheel do not have power...ie lights, pump, and power switches as well and the 12v plug and the horn have zero power. After reading some things I thought it was the master switch but could never locate it so I don’t believe there is one. Plus there is only one battery. I have changed all of the fuses looked for disconnected wires and checked the ground wire and it looks like it is all connected properly.

Any suggestions on what to look for to get my radio and lights working?

(The power works fine on the blower motor, trim, and all of the gauges)

thanks for the help

alldodge

Staff member
Got a new motor

Find the main power lead feeding it, it should come direct from the battery. There should be one if not 2 (ground lead) which will be larger then the others. Normally there is a wire which comes from the bat to the fuse block, and also a ground lead. You have a new motor so look for leads not connected.

Zbc0014

Cadet
so these two were connected to the positive but there is heavy corrosion... i know this is a moronic question but would this rust cause the problem?

Attachments

• photo314049.jpg
    photo314049.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo314050.jpg
    photo314050.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • photo314051.jpg
    photo314051.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Corrosion is a big issue, and another thing is one of those wires looks black. If the black should be on ground, that would be the issue. Measure ohms from the black to the negative side of something not working

Zbc0014

Cadet
It’s a black and yellow wire that is labeled bilge pump

Attachments

• photo314065.jpg
    photo314065.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0