Help Getting Cable on Boat

deverleth22

Recruit
I have a 2007 Four Winns 318 Vista. My struggle right now is getting cable tv when the boat is not hooked up to power on the marina on AC. Currently, our cable digitizer runs off of AC. Is there anything made for boats, campers, etc. that can get cable and run off of DC. This would be much easier if we have a generator....thanks for any help.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

first, not sure why you would worry about cable TV on a boat, however to each their own.

however without a generator, you would need an inverter. however remember, to use your battery switch to isolate your house batteries so you dont get stranded.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Surely you mean satellite TV. I mean if you plug in the cable, isn't the AC shore power right there too?

See if your cable or Sat provider has an on the go app. Most say you can watch anywhere on your phone or computer. Stream the channels you watch with Roku, Chromecast or the device of your choosing.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I know it sounds crazy, but a well made antenna will draw in a lot of over-the-air-digital TV stations depending where you are. I get 21 DTV stations with a simply build antenna. And I've made 5 of these antennas and everybody that used one gets the same number of stations. Not sure which channels you are wanting, but over-the-air has a pretty good mixture... :noidea: