Adding second battery, location for ACR

badrano

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm working on adding in a second battery and bought the Add-A-Battery kit from Blue See. I'm trying to figure out where to place the ACR.

See the two pics....1 is the engine compartment and the other is an idea of where to place things. The original battery is a
24 and the house battery is a 27.

Everything has been removed for easy access.

My boat is a 2005 Chap 204SSi.

Chap_204SSi Battery.jpgChap_204SSi Engine.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I would move it by the trim pump so it's close to the batteries and somewhat protected. I know when humping heavy batteries around I'm no always so gentle. Don't want to smash the ACR with heavy battery or snag the wiring.

Click image for larger version  Name:	acr.PNG Views:	1 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	10705772

Do you use your Chap? You can eat in the engine room. :D

badrano

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would move it by the trim pump so it's close to the batteries and somewhat protected. I know when humping heavy batteries around I'm no always so gentle. Don't want to smash the ACR with heavy battery or snag the wiring.

Do you use your Chap? You can eat in the engine room. :D

Good idea. I didn't think about it possibly being in the way of trying to get the batteries in/out.

I can't complain about the room in the engine compartment. Once you take out the back seat and the storage dividers, everything is very accessible.