VHS radio hookup question

lakeeriebum

Cadet
Hello,
Trying to hookup my marine radio. No manual. There is a black/red wire coming from the radio itself and blue/white coming from the aux. (I think). The wires are right there by the radio, just don't know which wire is hot from the aux side. This boat is new to me.
Anyone know off hand? Sorry for the newbie question.
Thank you!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It would be nice to know what radio you're messin' with.

alldodge

Staff member
Agree, need to know what radio.
Guessing
Red +12, Black Ground, Blue/White back lighting

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Blue with white is a common gps input wire colors p

lakeeriebum

Cadet
The wires on the radio are black and red, this is a no brainer. There are 2 wires (blue and white) that appears to be what it was hooked up to, most likely from the auxiliary. My question is: does anyone know how these hookup? red to blue? red to white?

alldodge

Staff member
red to blue? red to white?

No, :nono:

Instead of one wire being blue/white, there is 2 wires and white and a blue. These wires would go to a GPS as dingbat mentioned. Connect them to power and you burn something up. Your radio probably has positioning for DCS

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hello,
Trying to hookup my marine radio. No manual. There is a black/red wire coming from the radio itself and blue/white coming from the aux. (I think). The wires are right there by the radio, just don't know which wire is hot from the aux side. This boat is new to me.
Anyone know off hand? Sorry for the newbie question.
Thank you!

then look on-line at the manufacturers site and download the manual.