Why not have a Iboats Florida Gathering?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Why not have a Iboats Florida Gathering?

there actually is a lot to do in that area, antiquing in Mount Dora is one of Sylvia's favorites.

tashasdaddy

If we do May, we have May 1,2,3 or May 15,16,17 or May 22,23,24. the other weekends are Mother's Day and Memorial Day. I like May 15,16,17. let me know your preference. i am also trying to set up Certified boat inspections for anyone who want to participate.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

May 15,16,17 works for me......well they all do but I like those dates :)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

May 15,16,17 works for me. :)

Yep, every other weekend is insane...Hope nobody minds me showing up without the S.S. Driveway! lol
Unless I stumble across an extra grand or so to pump into her by then..;)

tashasdaddy

i'm sure there will be room on a boat for you to fish. my problem is which one to bring.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

i'm sure there will be room on a boat for you to fish. my problem is which one to bring.

Bring the big one !!! Definitely count me in. The dates are immaterial to me but I'm liking the 15th, etc.
Now, I just need to convince the wife that she won't get eaten by a gator !!!!
Is everyone camping or getting a room somewhere? My wife's idea of camping is a Hyatt !

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Im gonna camp....nothing like sittin around a fire with new and old friends.......Im hoping my boat will be seaworthy by then......I know wishful thinking..........Well at least Lake worthy. I o.k.ed the dates with the boss.....er......wife and its all good here.

tashasdaddy

i will probably be camping.

tashasdaddy

Dates May 15, 16, 17, Just check with Kay at the Park, they have plenty of room at the present time.

your reservations to camp should be made throught Reservations America, http://www.reserveamerica.com/Campi...ndex=campDetail&contractCode=FL&parkId=281046

i think the campsites we should book range like this,
first 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,28,29,11,30,30,13,32,14,33 this keeps us together in the camping area.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Time to cash in them hotel reward points for me..My best half (Diane, btw) idea of camping is nowhere near a campground..go figger

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Hey CBK mine started out hating Camping,fishing and boating........Ha and she thought she was training me......Ha. Hotel is only 2 miles from campground I think so you can hang out at the campground and when you get tired take a short drive and have nice comfortable clean beds......Almost made me rethink camping.........for a min. :)

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I will be making my Reservations next week. :)

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I already got mine.

tashasdaddy

looking forward to seeing you.

lmannyr

Master Chief Petty Officer

I hope to go but, only if the trailer gets a brake treatment. I'll keep you all posted. Admiral hinted yes on the trip... Gatta work a 4-5 days extra to get the brakes....

sloopy

Commander

Does any one here remember the first Iboat gathering. Spinner and i got one together many years ago. Over 100 said they would and three of us showed in St Louis area. Spinner and i drove 400 miles to meet and only lived 100 miles apart lol. I still have the t-shirt.

Next one was at Watts Bar in Tenn. I think maybe there was Spinner,BubbaKat and myself. Wisconsin was a good one we had many members. Had six one time at my Homestead in Minn.

As for the driving thing i have pulled my boat 700 miles for a get together. Na not stealn your thunder your just takn another step that was started back when alot of you were not even on board yet. As Mayfloat said it was great to sit around and tell lies and talkn about the folks who could not defend themselves.

I remember the thread about this.... Glad to see that I am not the pre-2003 member still around :)

pduquette

Ensign

Hi T.D. + Mike
How about requirements for fishing licences for out of state guests ??
Where is the nearest DNR office , and how is the DNR presence on the lake?
Peter

Benny1963

Lieutenant

man im in louisiana but will shoot to florida ,have done it for less
like to meet td and the guys from florida