Which prop (3 or 4-blade) for a 18.5 ft Alicraft 18 Norwind with Mariner 90 2T

GreedyMuffin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
With the 19P results.

2 : 5000
4 : 4900

I only dropped 50 RPM per extra passenger. And since I was quick on plane, even under the recommended RPM, I do not think that my OB is underpowered for the boat.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
As there isn't a huge wot rpm decrease with 2-3-4 "adults" at wot , have that 19 repitched at a prop shop if possible to a 18, to pull wot revs towards middle or max wot range. OB will benefit running at a much safer wot rpm. With 2-4 up still on the the lug side of wot range, that's why need a prop maximization. Nobody said OB was under powered, was just an assumption..

Happy Boating

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I am quite dumb.. It is a E-chance prop 13 1/4 x 17P for Mercury. (Stands 60HP on it, but it the teeths are excatly the same as my 90HP props, and he had it on a 90HP)

Are those E. Chance propellers any good compared to other prop. manufactures like Stiletto, Mercury etc. I have no idea myself, thus asking. :)

P is for pitch. Go to the top of this page and look in Boat parts and accessories for the props section. Go to props and select the tutorial for props which tells you all about them and what things mean.

On a 60 vs 90, if the shaft accepts the prop and the blades don't bang something on the lower unit you can run it, especially if SS. If you are running an 5" diameter alum on a 200 hp engine you might bend the blades back but you couldn't do that because the shaft diameter would be too small to fit the 200.

GreedyMuffin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes!

Bought the 125HP two-stroke. 9.1 bar on all four cylinders.

Will be fun to watch. Another prop-hunt arrives. ^^

GreedyMuffin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Okey. The 90HP is sold. Was not even out for 24 hours before it was gone. The buyer is coming on Saturday or so. Picking my new engine up in a few days.

The new engine needs plugs, oil and such. But I made 600 USD going from the 90HP to the newer 125 HP. It was a steal at the price I paid for both engine. Payed 2100 for the 125HP and 2200 for the 90HP (Which I sold for 2700).

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Thumbs UP, so $ 500 for spare parts and cold ones, LOL!!

Happy Boating

GreedyMuffin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The 125HP support 14+ in diameter on props?

Yeah. Feels good to get a newer engine, with far better compression for less money than what I originally paid. :-D

Thank you!