When you get stuck ?

mtb55

Seaman Apprentice
Re: When you get stuck ?

I would guess this is a jet boat question How do you get off a sand bar or a gravel bar or even a submerged island?
I carry a 12 volt 1500 lb wench 200 feet of cable and rope, a snatch block, two long handle shovels buck saw,two sets of chest waders and a small parachute. ALL of which I have used. Once and a while a good shove will work. In the right conditions when the current is running the right way I can lay the shoot out in the water and let the water pull us of( Be careful in heavy currant!!). If its a tree or something like that the saw can be used but that really sucks. On the sand it's just like getting your 4X4 stuck in the mud, you just got to shovel her out. I can use the wench if I can get a good wench point( almost never) I have wenched a lot of trees out of the ground but when it works it's easy. Just looking for more ideas...:eek:
100_2897vvv.jpg

This is probably not the best message board for questions about type of boating, I suggest you check out meanchicken.net. the meanchicken message board is exclusively for Heavy gauge aluminum shallow rocky river boating that is primarily done in the Pacific Northwest (USA), Western Canada and New Zealand. Although i have no interest in owning one (friends have them) I have to admit jet sledding is probably the most exciting kind of power boating there is IMO. Boating people in other parts of the world are missing out!

Hope I did not upset the iboat moderators by referring this guy to another board, I am just trying to help him out.