What Winter Looks Like Outside

WIMUSKY

Staff member
-5F this morning..We're getting Feb weather in March and had March weather in Feb... Ugh.....

aspeck

Staff member
22*F with 30-40mph wind gusts this morning ... Yes, it is blowing and winter in March.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Georgia peaches may be hit hard by this freeze. Too many nights in the teens and the trees are in full bloom.

Had flurries yesterday and it's time for fishing already!

southkogs

Staff member
Had more snow on the car this morning than I've had all year ... not saying it's a lot of snow, but it was more than I've had so far this year :)

aspeck

Staff member
I see the cities along the east coast are upset because they didn't get the snow they were expecting. Isn't that a good thing (unless you are like me and enjoy the snow)? With a Nor'easter, I thought EVERYONE, at least in the northeast, knows that 2 or more storm systems are converging and it depends on the timing and WHERE they converge as to who gets how much. Middle PA and NY got what they were calling for and more. Eastern coast cities got less. Be thankful you don't have to deal with as much as we did. The snow itself wasn't bad, it was the blowing for the last day and a half that have been murder. My neighbor's yard is BARE! Seriously! The wind came through and removed the snow from about a 50 foot square in his back yard ... just the contour of the land in conjunction with his house made a wind tunnel that removed all the snow. I had to dig out of my driveway for the 3rd time in 3 days. There was more on my drive this morning than the past 2 days. Anyway, back to my point ... it is what it is and the weather service gives a guide ... but be warned, there are many forces at play and any one of those forces can radically disrupt a forecast. Forecasting IS NOT an exact science. It is a best guess science. Get used to it, or don't listen and fly by the seat of your pants. Okay, cold and windy rant over. Been dealing with a severe cold/flu/sinus stuff/whatever so I can't evenly enjoy the snow and cold ... to busy trying to breath! Maybe it is the drugs that have me in a bad mood ... or maybe it is my tax appointment this afternoon ...

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got down to 31 degrees here this morning. And 62 inside the house. Had to turn the heat on! :lol:

As for folks in the NE being upset about NOT receiving as much snow as forecast... from what I saw on the news, the government forecasters KNEW on Monday afternoon that the storm was shifting east and wouldn't bring as much snow as predicted. But they decided NOT to change the forecast and just left it sounding really dire. Businesses closed, so customers and employees stayed home, including my daughter in Baltimore.

That resulted in billions of dollars, productivity and vacation/personal days lost, which really upset a lot of folks.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Mid 80's all week. I did visit snow this weekend in our local mountains though :)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Here in PA everyone was FLAMING governor Wolf on Facebook for not declaring a state of emergency thus requiring them to have to go to work or be fired. I failed to see how it's the governors fault that they work at jobs with unreasonable accommodations for severe weather.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Forecasting is not an exact science, who knew???????? :faint2: Around here they totally blew it all winter. Our winter was a 180 from what was predicted. I watch the radar and decide for myself what's going to happen........

It's probably the taxes, 'Speck........ :hat::rant::violin::boink::laugh:

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
-5F this morning..We're getting Feb weather in March and had March weather in Feb... Ugh.....

Yep, we haven't had nearly enough snow this winter, it was 15 the other night, and we got to catch up on missed shoveling. We got about a foot out of this one - but too little too late IMG_5602.JPG

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I haven't plowed since Feb 8th. Historically, Feb/Mar are our snowiest months. I have never seen a winter like this one. If Feb didn't melt all the snow, we'd have great snowmobiling right now since the temps have stayed below freezing... Our biggest snow was 8"........

Just took the pic of our snow..

Last edited:

GA_Boater

^^^ Why are you passing off a summertime pic as a snow pic? :confused: LOL

I remember when you had good amounts of snowfall in April. That's a crazy pic for mid March.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
My Tahoe house still has some snow in front of it. We are getting a bunch more starting Tuesday. 4 or 5 days straight of snow. Not much though..maybe a foot or two.
TahoeFront%20%28Small%29.jpg

TahoeRearWinter%20%28Small%29.jpg

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Here in PA everyone was FLAMING governor Wolf on Facebook for not declaring a state of emergency thus requiring them to have to go to work or be fired. I failed to see how it's the governors fault that they work at jobs with unreasonable accommodations for severe weather.

the most common sense rule is if schools are close, no work.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
^^^ Why are you passing off a summertime pic as a snow pic? :confused: LOL

I remember when you had good amounts of snowfall in April. That's a crazy pic for mid March.

Yep, summer is over, back to winter.......

GA_Boater

Back to to the "new" normal. Or is that abnormal?

The pooch must be inside. Smart doggie. :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Norm, actually, way below norm...... Yep, pooch is crashed on our bed.....