What Winter Looks Like Outside

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep. It's SE of Spooner and SW of Stone Lake on the E side of hwy 63, Washburn Cty....... I have a Fishing Guide for 4 of the counties that show all the lakes..... He lived on the lake. Guess he was 60. Went thru last nite, but they didn't try to recover him until this morning..... Sounds like he was doing donuts and whatnot last nite and may have gone to an area he shouldn't have..... Me and a friend were eating lunch next to the dive rescue team.....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
No Title

My house in Lake Tahoe this morning

Attachments

• photo257922.jpg
    photo257922.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo257923.jpg
    photo257923.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo257924.jpg
    photo257924.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 0
  • photo257925.jpg
    photo257925.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That's a pile of snow alright, Bruce. We still don't have squat. Snow today went south of us....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What's the snow pack like up there, Bruce. In past years it didn't amount to much and it's important for the water needs out there.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
What's the snow pack like up there, Bruce. In past years it didn't amount to much and it's important for the water needs out there.
Already past 100% for the season with the season only 42% done. We need more rain in the southern part to fill up some of the lakes down here that rely on rain/snow including the lake I keep my pontoon boat on(Big Bear Lake).
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/snowapp/sweq.action

So far in North Sierra, it's wetter than the wettest season on record. Hope it continues.
http://files.opensnow.com/Tahoe/2017.../Capture_1.JPG

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
No Title

My GF's house in Big Bear Lake currently looks like this

Attachments

• photo257933.jpg
    photo257933.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 0

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You need to shovel the driveway. Or call Musky or MT. LOL
No kidding. We are going up tonight and having a problem finding someone to do it. Everyone up there is swamped. This is an unusual snow event for up there. We have a friend who hasn't left her house in 3 days because she can't get her car out of the driveway.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If you can't Dodge it, RAM it!

At least I won't get stuck like MTboatguy Did you ever get your truck out????:bolt::lol:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
If you can't Dodge it, RAM it!

At least I won't get stuck like MTboatguy Did you ever get your truck out????:bolt::lol:

Yup, been unstuck for a long time now, just had to wait for the ground to freeze up this time, have been plowing for a few weeks now, but I think the starter has finally decided to call it quits, two brand new batts, all new connections and still goes click when I try to turn it over, so got to figure out how to get under it and pull it with a foot of snow on the ground!

Fortunately, has not snowed much the last couple of weeks, so no biggy.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Before you pull the starter try jumping the solenoid with a scewdriver, wrench or, a jumper wire with alligator clips. Had a solenoid go out on my rod and lawnmower......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Before you pull the starter try jumping the solenoid with a scewdriver, wrench or, a jumper wire with alligator clips. Had a solenoid go out on my rod and lawnmower......

Hmmm, I had actually forgot about that, I have not done that on any of my Fords since I was a teenager, used to have to do it to a 66 Mustang I had, it would go through solenoids all the time.. Can't even remember which poles to jump these days!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well this one has 3 solenoids on the passenger side, I know one is for the plow, one is for the starter and I am suspecting the 3rd one is for the glow plugs, so will have to trace some wires, two of the solenoids are on the fender side and one is on the wheel well, I can jump the one on the fender wall and all I hear is a click in the one on the top of the wheel well. I am going to buy a different truck, I am getting to old to work on these things in the winter!

:facepalm:

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I think winter is finally breaking down here. Almost all the snow has melted being replaced by an excessive amount of rain.

A look at some of my basalt.

The meadow has now changed and we now have waterfront property out back.

This pond is only seen very rarely. Normally Badger Lake doesn't overflow.

This is the water flowing out of the temporary pond.

Then flowing down through the rocks to another pond below.

A little mouse ventured out. It either is blind or didn't see me standing nearby as it scurried about searching for something.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Great pix. Could be either a vole or a mole. Moles are usually blind since they mainly live underground...