What was it? Where can I get specs for it?

G

A month or 2 ago there was post about a home made adapter for the lower unit that helped to make the boat control easier at slow speeds. Unfortunatly I didn't get it all and want to get it make for my boat. It was made from flat steel into a square and was bolted to the lower unit so it was right behind the prop and helped with control as well as getting up on plane. I am not to sure as to who posted it but it looked like it would work very well.

If anyone remembers it please get in contact with me. Thanks.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: What was it? Where can I get specs for it?

Sounds like you are talking about a foil, I made onme for my 50 out of 3/16 aluminum that works really well.

I can get you measurements tonight if I remember, it does take some trial and error to get right with a little trimming as it has to fit around the little fin on the bottom but nothing hard.

Adjuster

Petty Officer 1st Class

A month or 2 ago there was post about a home made adapter for the lower unit that helped to make the boat control easier at slow speeds. Unfortunatly I didn't get it all and want to get it make for my boat. It was made from flat steel into a square and was bolted to the lower unit so it was right behind the prop and helped with control as well as getting up on plane. I am not to sure as to who posted it but it looked like it would work very well.

If anyone remembers it please get in contact with me. Thanks.

I remember it. It was box shaped right?

G

Yes it was a box shape Ajuster and it fit right behind the prop. I do have a pic of it but I can't get it to go into here :mad: I am a computer dummy in the true sense of the word :redface:

Maybe if I email it to someone who can put in here for me might just work, any volunteers?

PM me please. :D

G

Hey thanks a million Bond-o:) That is what I was looking for, now that I have all the pics, I can get it made for my boat ;)

Last edited: