Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

lake wynonah. private lake 2.5 miles long, not too wide. Not DNR controlled :D
No hp or speed limit :D
charlie_1.jpg

rodeo brody

Cadet

I'm mostly in Lake Tapps which is about 15 min. from the house. It's a reservoir that gets drained in the winter so the water's always nice and clean in the summer. Good fishing for bass and muskie, too.

Also get out on the Puget Sound a few times a year. No fishing, just like cruising around or going somewhere for dinner.

Wylie CC

Cadet

I live in Charlotte, and spend most of the time on Lake Wylie across the SC boarder. Have not made it to Lake Norman yet, but have been on Lanier in Atlanta twice.

rodeo brody

Cadet

lake wynonah. private lake 2.5 miles long, not too wide. Not DNR controlled :D
No hp or speed limit :D
charlie_1.jpg

I cannot tell you how jealous I am.
If there is bass in that lake I may just
have to move.

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Theres tons of bass. I can catch 20 inch largemouth at the boat docks. Last summer i caught a 18 lb cat off the boat:D wish i got the damn thing mounted.

lifespan

Cadet

I chose small lake even though that lake, lake Powell in Utah/Arizona is 186 miles and over 2,000 miles of coastline. Awesome lake if you have not been.

Kleverrr1

Seaman Apprentice

When I am with my buddies I drop my 16 footer in the Pacific Ocean So. Cal. out of Marina del Rey. With my familiy I keep it safe and stay on Lakes like Elsinore or Lake Havasu.

Eshaw150

Petty Officer 1st Class

South east USA Atlantic and rivers on the intercoastal water way.

poppasmurff

Seaman Apprentice

the okanagan lake b.c canada. kalamaka lake(3rd most beauteful lake in the world, national geographic) and the bc shuwap lakes. big parties

Howdy! Lived there for a couple of years. Missing it lots am stuck in the great lakes now but coming up for a visit!!! Missing the fruit country. Best waters in the world my lucky friend!!! :)

79MERC1150

Seaman Apprentice

Our primary lake is Fontana Lake in Western North Carolina. It helps that the lake is 2 miles from our house, however we used to fish this lake when we lived 400 miles away. Fontana is part of the TVA dam system built in 1945, creating hydroelectric to provide power to Alcola Tenn for production of aluminum for airplane production during WWII. The lake is 39 miles long, 456 feet deep, has 78 miles of coastline, and the North Shore borders the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Services are sparse, coastline is rocky, and there are no beaches. The lake is surrounded by mountains, and is a great wilderness lake.

Charles

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

I boat at L.B.L in Western Kentucky very beautiful and plenty to do on and off the water, Fell in love with it here and will stay for the rest of my life, this is home.
http://www.lbl.org/LBLGeneralMap.pdf

Attachments

• side veiw.JPG
    side veiw.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • waven bye in water.JPG
    waven bye in water.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • camp site 1.jpg
    camp site 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Closer floating w Waven Bye.jpg
    Closer floating w Waven Bye.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Paula & rascal beach.jpg
    Paula & rascal beach.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0

oshkoshboating

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wisconsin - Lake Winnebago, Fox River to Lake Butte des Morts, then wolf River to Lake Winneconne/Lake Poygan, then Wolf River again to Partridge Lake.

woodee148

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Keep teh boat slipped in Grimsby on Lake Ontario and trailer it up to various lakes throught the summer including Lake Nippissing, Lake Nosbonsing, Glouster Pool, Lake Simcoe and Couchiching.
In the winter we trailer "Chaos" down to Captiva Florida and play around the outer Islands in the Pine Island Sound and gulf (not all winter just for a couple of weeks)

Last edited:

htv

Seaman

Somewhere in the State of Oklahoma. That's all I'm going to divulge. Did you notice all the boats on the lake on this beautiful Summer day?

280trn4.jpg

ve0qyh.jpg

msls2g.jpg

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

We troll in Crystal Lake in Ellington Ct and fish a lot in Long Island Sound out of Niantic Ct............

Rogue427

Petty Officer 1st Class

htv what did you do with everyone?:eek: :D

htv

Seaman

htv what did you do with everyone?:eek: :D
My wife being at the helm might have something to do with it.(just joking sweetheart).
This lake is never crowded and that's why I love it. It's a CORPS Lake with no development on the Lake its self, all National Forest and Game Reserve. Last summer I ran across a broken down boat(battery issues) and toed him back to the marina. He said we were the first boat he had seen in over 2 hours. Yea, it really sux to be me all alone on this beautiful lake.:cool:
25psked.jpg

2qlev69.jpg

2z7nzvt.jpg

cdreed06

Seaman Apprentice

We spent the day (and all our boating trips thus far) on Clearwater lake in Missouri. Wasn't too crowded today, actually less crowded than a normal weekend. It was great!!