• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

GeneMachine

Recruit
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

newport river, and occasionally the bogue sound, theres some nice size drum and trout

m*a*baity

Cadet

So far just Moss Lake in Kings Mtn. NC, and Lake Wylie in SC. Later may check some others out

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

I boat in southwest Ohio at East Fork Lake, and Brookville in southeast Indiana. But my favorite place to boat is at my cabin in Ontario, Canada. My family has owned a cabin for 40 years on Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron. The island is so big there are over 100 lakes on it and the biggest one covering 40 sq. miles. The lake that our cabin is on is called Lake Kagawong which covers 22 sq. miles. The best place to boat for me its gorgeous and noone messes with you.

wanttofly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Buffalo Bill Reservoir in Cody WY if fishing or will play in the water if it is warm outside. The reservoir is really cold, waves can start in a second and there is usually a lot of wood in it. So for playing in the water prefer Yellow Tail Reservoir in Lovell WY. Water is a little warmer, and you can head up the cannon if it is windy and usually find an area with glass.

onwaves

Cadet

Potomac River, Chesapeake Bay and Chincoteague inlet and offshore.

NYGiants

Chief Petty Officer

mainly boat in raritan bay (across from the verazano) but fish in the delaware river, and plenty of small lakes
im from jersey

brad.schneid

Recruit

I am new to this forum, but am a boating fanatic. I mainly boat off of the west coast in the Southern California area. Catalina is a great island destination for anyone boating on the Western Coastline. Although it is my favorite place to go boating, I still have a very narrow-minded opinion of the great destinations for an amazing boating experience. Any suggestions?

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

The Fleet.JPG

We like to Play in Suisun Bay..:D

Soccerrefx

Cadet

Lake Sydney Lanier- North East of Atlanta, GA
Lake Hartwell- On the State line of Georgia and South Carolina

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ilopango lake, San Salvador, El Salvador, Central America:D

Attachments

• 101_2456.JPG
    101_2456.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 101_2463.JPG
    101_2463.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 0

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Lake Stillhouse when we're in Texas, Lake of the Ozarks when we're at the lake house.

mooregm5

Cadet

I boat on Oneida Lake in New York. The lake is also part of the New York State Canal System which has allowed me to boat east down the Mohawk River to the Hudson River and north to Lake Champlain.

dfaultuser

Recruit

we are boating on Shuswap Lake in British Columbia, Canada. the houseboating capital of Canada.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2 KB · Views: 0
  • tsbasic600.jpg
    tsbasic600.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0

waynehol

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The Intra Coastal Waterway mostly, along the Gulf Coast of West Central Florida, Pinellas County to be exact. :)

captgare

Cadet

Illinois River at Peoria. Sometimes we go north. Sometimes we go south.

mmccoy555

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am on the Long Island Sound in Westbrook CT. Can also travel up the CT River as I am only 15 mins from the mouth. I prefer to stay in the sound though.

rp23g7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Large Lake, Puget Sound.

We usually tool around Lake Washington and the Ship Canal/Lake Union. Sometimes go through the locks to the water front to go find a cruise ship on Sundays and harass the Coast Guard. Cruise around Todd Shipyard and go to Alki point.

Too chicken though to venture across to Kitsap Pennensula in my little 17 foot Starcraft open bow though.

One scary story for you Pacific Northwest guys who know the area.

My friends have a place on Miller Bay, around the corner from Suquamish.

They had a 12 Larson with a 50 hp Merc on it. We used to launch at Shillshole and cruise across, occasionally we would water ski across if we were feeling up to it.

One time we were just cruising across, full speed, 25 mph probably, water was choppy, not rough. We look ahead of us, a huge wave/wake was right there. We launch off the wave, i think the boat was completey out of the water, nose down, splash, bow buries itself in the water and fills half the boat. We stop and start bailing.

We looked around for a ship that could have made it. none around. but in the distance we see a little pole in the water. Check it out through the binoculars and it was a periscope from a submarine.

About 30 min later we are still bailing a Navy RIB stops by, and asks if we are ok, we say yes, they helped pump out our boat, but could not confirm or deny any submarine in the area. hmmmm