Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant
Re: water in the crankcase

Bottom line, this is an expensive hobby.

Yes it is.. Worth every penny out there on the water though.. :D

Just going to mothball the boat.. Shriveled my pod lastime we was out.. These 58 degree nights have made that water cold..

Notice how worthless the poll has been lmao:D:p

atlyvwire

Recruit

Very helpful thread.I too have oil in the crankcase...BUT lots of water too. Pulled the exhaust manifolds and port side is looking rough. I will also plug inlet side and water test. Nice way to find a leak inside the manifold.
I am working on a fresh water, sealed cooling system on a GM 5.7L / Penta 280 OD.

Oh ya, been reading buns off, looks like intermediate bearings are next,...nice growling going on in bell housing area. DAMN!:(

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

Very helpful thread.I too have oil in the crankcase...BUT lots of water too. Pulled the exhaust manifolds and port side is looking rough. I will also plug inlet side and water test. Nice way to find a leak inside the manifold.
I am working on a fresh water, sealed cooling system on a GM 5.7L / Penta 280 OD.

Oh ya, been reading buns off, looks like intermediate bearings are next,...nice growling going on in bell housing area. DAMN!:(

Isn't boat ownership fun.:redface:.. Could be worse.. Could have to make a payment on it and still need repairs.:eek:. My tub was real easy to diagnose for having bad mainfolds, I caught it right when it happened.. Seen the water in them when I removed em.. I hardly got any water in my engine, but enough to notice.. Fill your mainfold up with water.. If they are bad.. they will leak.. Someone on here uses acetone.. Cause it is thinner.. Mine leaked with water.. No need for the acetone:p There is a DTY stickys on the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.