Walmart Supertech 2 Cycle Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightcoastrob

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Walmart Supertech 2 Cycle Oil

I do have dual motors on my boat and i carry a.6 gal can of gas for a spare becuse of a defective gas guage.And ive only tried this trolling normally i run pennzoil syn.I never have a issue with smoking fouling plugs or excessive blow bye.Now on the other hand with walmart/costal autozone blend/and BP/ oil i smoke like a broke stove every plug in my motor was fouled.And i also consume way more gas.I,ve done this several times in different conditions and i know that when i use cheap oil i deff get less miles of trolling.Reguardless of what some ppl think or say it deff makes a huge difference on my milage when trolling.Mind you i get my gas from the same place every time granted there different batches.So the few extra cents is worth not having fouled plugs and being fumagated out in my opinion....

jeff_smith_0423

Chief Petty Officer

I run Supertech in my Merc 90 inline six on the bass boat but not on the tiller motors. Why? Becuase the bass boat is operated at two speeds, Idle at the dock and WOT in the channel. The smoke is buried deep and far behind the boat. When I'm in the tiller boat and trolling, I get nice and intimate with the exhaust - BRP XD-50 for me. But, yeah, no fear of the Supertech oil.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

LD

I'd say I agree with you and I don't stress over which oil I use. Some aspects of oil you can decide on, I don't like the smell of Castrol and it burns my eyes, Penzoil blend leaves a pool of goo under my kicker after trolling, some oils don't change the color of the gas enough to tell if it's been added, so you can choose or not choose an oil for these reasons. But "the" most important aspect of an oil, which is how well it works in the engine, can't be determined easily and if people do know, they aren't talking.

boatjunkie73

Recruit

Ive used & continue to use the wallmart super tech tcw3 oil, on just about anything 2 stroke,my 90hp merc, all my dirtbikes & atv's, jetski,chain saw, weedeater,never ever had a problem with !,ive had my 90hp merc, for over 10yrs..when it was new it had 150lb of pressure per cyl, i did a compresstion test recently still has the same 150lb. 10yrs later..i think thats proof enough that super tech is great!...ive always ran 40:1 oil premix instead of the 50:1, to get a bit more lubrication in the motor...i use everything super tech..

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

After reading the numerous replies to the original post I have come up with two observations:

1. Wal-Mart Blue = Yellowdeath (look up the name in previous oil threads)

2. Better or best TCW-3 depends upon your definition of what is best for you.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

It would appear that the mystery is solved. Walmart Supertech 2000 TC-W3 oil is made by Pennzoil-Quaker State's private label division called Specialty Oil Company.

Here is the MSDS sheet on Super-Tech Marine Outboard 2 Cycle Engine Oil TC-W3.

http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/24970_1.pdf

It clearly states the Company Information of the manufacturer to be the Specialty Oil Company.

Now if one goes to the Quaker State Site and reviews its history it indicates that in 1993 they acquired the Specialty Oil Company, giving it a strong private label manufacturing ability.

http://www.quakerstate.com/about_history.aspx

So, I would say that Supertech oil is really just Pennzoil-Quaker State oil at a much cheaper price. Why pay more?

Agreed and when at WW I buy the yellow container and the contents are the same color as the $$$$$ Merc/Omc label. Buy the Premium High Performance syn blend.....if they sold full syn, I would buy that in a heart beat.

Mark

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I've been using Wallyworld's finest in my Yamaha 115 hp since it was new in 1995. I've never had any oil related failures. I started running the same blue oil in my 1984 Kawasaki Jet Ski (standup), and the inside of the engine was without carbon. I used it in my 1990 Sea Doo, and it's still running good.

But, if I was buying a new outboard motor, I would use the manufacturer's oil as long as it was in warranty. They have a special color dye, and the dealer will give you a bunch of grief if there is any engine failure and another oil is used. It just cuts down on disagreements.

You don't use it in 2 stroke hopped up Sea Doo's with the power valves (white engine.) They only have one piston ring, like a motorcross motorcycle, and must use 100% synthetics.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We don't have a special section of the graveyard for oil threads, especially multi-hijacked oil threads, so I will just close this one.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.