Under Construction: Bateau.com TW28 Stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnottyBuoyz

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I huff'd and I puff'd but I whipped that ole' hunk of iron into submission! :lol:

spacer.gif
7DBB1667-BE39-4FC1-9EB1-B91009262AEE.jpg

Actually my little 2500 lb winch did most of the work getting it up the ramp without breaking a sweat! :eek:

spacer.gif
23F01B93-DD46-443F-ABB8-0CAC0F6D400B.jpg

It'll get serviced next week then I'll spruce it up a bit with some new paint and it'll be ready to go in the boat. Got a lot of stuff to do before that but hopefully week after next I can hoist it up and drop it on the engine beds.

Standby....

KnottyBuoyz

Life seems to get in the way of building a boat on occasion. Been a couple days of nonsense before I could get back to work. Nice cool day in the shed so I bedded some of the stringers and laid down some fillets for taping.

spacer.gif
5E06F9EE-293D-4442-AEC1-45A3406237D6.jpg

I'd probably still be out there doing more but I somehow managed to glue my shorts to my ass. :eek:

Few more pics on the web log update: http://she-kon.com/2016/06/bedding-fillets-tape.html

KnottyBuoyz

Picked up a Canon Sureshot off of Facebook for $50 with intent to use it in the boat shed. As it turned out it's a pretty nice camera. Gave it a go this morning.

IMG_1735.jpg

Using fill flash it almost totally eliminates the 'Blue Hue' of the cell phone pics! ;)

IMG_1732.jpg

KnottyBuoyz

Ya know how life often seems to get in the way of boat building? Well I've had a messed up two days. Started off yesterday to cross the border in to NY to pick up my new engine mounts. Almost to the bridge when the oil pressure disappears in my old IROC. Fack! Hauled it over and called the tow truck.

spacer.gif
488D704E-95ED-402A-B67B-AD55443171E7.jpg

Notice the big smile on Bill the Tow Truck guy's face? :facepalm:

Luckily it was only a pooched oil pressure sender. The engine wasn't in any danger. Better safe than sorry.

Anywho, more misadventures in today's web log update: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/06/lif ... lties.html

Back at it again tomorrow, if something else doesn't screw me up again.

Standby...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
That's a good thing in nearly most cases..... unless the sensor fails at the crimp and becomes a nozzle spraying oil on the exhaust while your daughter is driving and not watching the gauges......

KnottyBuoyz

Pretty warm in the ole' boat shed today but I managed to get a little work done.

IMG_1743.jpg

Fabricated the small bulkhead that'll support the shaft tube. Planned in some adjustment so I can fine tune the driveline angles before I glue anything in place. Will do that when the engine comes back from service and I can set it on the engine beds.

Web log updated: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/06/lit ... ation.html

KnottyBuoyz

Stinky hot in the boat shed today. Managed to put some glass on the opposite side of the shaft tube support.
IMG_1748.jpg

Also added a 'tail stock' to my engine mockup thingy to sho were the output flange will be.
IMG_1747.jpg

Hoping that will help visualize how the components come together. It's looking like it'll be a lot tighter than I though and I might have to move the shaft tube support back another inch. Not totally sure but I might run into problems with assembling all the components for the shaft seal and python drive if I only leave an inch of shaft showing.

Just waiting for the shade to hit the backside of the shed so we can do some roof repairs.

Standby...

KnottyBuoyz

I had to assemble the drive train components so that I could see how it's all going to fit into the boat. I was puzzled until I actually saw all the pieces assembled.
spacer.gif
50295612-B5D5-4847-BBB0-ABFE6AA5B4EC.jpg

I think some people can think in 3D and transferring info from a 2D drawing to the real world is a talent. A talent I don't have. My drafting teacher in college thought I was especially untalented in this regard! :facepalm:

Anywho, got the parts in and it's pretty much clear as mud! :eek:

Web log udpated: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/06/in- ... s-eye.html

KnottyBuoyz

Someone suggested a TENS device awhile ago for the carpal tunnel. I picked one up off of FleaBay and have been using it on my back, knee & wrists. What an amazing little device! Used it this morning for 3 x 15 min sessions and the pain in my back was gone! It seems to last for days too!

Anywho, it let me jump around the boat this morning like a mad Roo on crack! :lol:

IMG_1754.jpg

Mocked up the engine beds and will glue them in place tomorrow. Off to pick up my Jeep that's been in the shop for 3 days getting a new clutch! *sigh*

Web log updated: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/06/tens-stimulating.html

Standby....

Last edited:

KnottyBuoyz

Not my best work but there it is, glued & screwed (temporary) in!

spacer.gif
F8456DBC-A416-4C3F-AD41-F1C2119D3628.jpg

Bedded it in plenty of epoxy glue and used a notched trowel just like they do on tiles. Worked well but squeezed out a lot of the glue when I pushed the pieces into place. Oh well a quick go over with the sander will clean that up!

Bkok33

Seaman
This is an impressive project you are doing!! Rick have enjoyed going thru the pages and seeing all the progress you have made and what you have done. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing what you do next.

KnottyBuoyz

This is an impressive project you are doing!! Rick have enjoyed going thru the pages and seeing all the progress you have made and what you have done. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing what you do next.

Thanks Bkok33. Really appreciate the kind words. Helps keep the enthusiasm for the project up!

Got port side engine bed glued & screwed (temporary) into place this morning. Was going to do some more sanding but I keep getting the uncured glue all over myself. :-(

ED198BA5-5DE3-4007-844D-80916C439AF51.jpg

Standby...

KnottyBuoyz

puttering around on the boat today.

spacer.gif
eye-hole1.jpg

Fans are working really well. It's 30 C in the shade today and very tolerable in the shed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.