Under Construction: Bateau.com TW28 Stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would be half tempted to fill the bubbles up with epoxy and ground fibers thru a syringe

KnottyBuoyz

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I would be half tempted to fill the bubbles up with epoxy and ground fibers thru a syringe

It's kinda big. About 8" dia. I'm ashamed to show it it's so bad. I would have to hang my head in shame! :faint2:

I'll just cut it out with the die grinder and patch it. That area will eventually get filled with goop & wood flour so it's not a cosmetic issue.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
our carbon fiber guy uses what he calls "yougurt". resin and milled fibers that he does his filleting, etc with. Hence the thought.

no need to hang your head in shame.

KnottyBuoyz

So today's tasks in the shed were fixing a bubble, aligning some stringers and setting some frame/bulkheads in place. Lot of naval gazin' went on with plenty of ponderin' too!

spacer.gif
IMG_0868.jpg

Web log updated: http://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2015/09/bubb ... heads.html

Sanding day & possibly bedding the stringers (aft section) tomorrow.

Standby.....

KnottyBuoyz

It's happening man. All that time consuming hull stuff...it's almost what makes it a boat or something. :)

“"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty." - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks for looking in sprintst. :)

KnottyBuoyz

Morning briefing.

The stringers, like everything else, want to slide down the hull into the keel. With every step I take in the boat they work their way downwards and away from the transom. So this morning I lined them up again and am welding them to the bottom.

spacer.gif
4C0045AD-FFEE-4B2C-952B-22B6D905DB46.jpg

Using slow hardener on a cool day so it'll be awhile before I go and put some tape on them. Once this cures up I'll be able to move around the boat without worrying about the stringers migrating to the bilge.

Standby....

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I would put your bulkheads in place to hold them

KnottyBuoyz

I would put your bulkheads in place to hold them

There's two in there now.

IMG_0868.jpg

Plus a spacer at the other end. I measured 15 times before I glued! :D

Just finished taping the spot welds. Should be good to go tomorrow with more bedding. Man it's hard on the hands though. Wrist splints & Aleve tonight. Or maybe more Rum, I dunno! :faint2:

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Remember,if you drink rum in the morning, it doesn't mean your an alcoholic, it means your a pirate

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Knotty,
I haven't commented in here for awhile but have been watching.
You b kicking some stuff and lookin great! Just so you know...I don't know where you get the energy, $$ or whatever but the work is aces and an inspiration for all of us.
:llama:
You are kickin some of the above....that's not a lima lol

KnottyBuoyz

Back into the shed after some family business & nasty weather got in the way. Mixed up some goop and bedded the aft section of the stringers in place. This is really hard on my hands mixing glue so I pulled the ole' Lady's hand mixer out of the kitchen and whipped up a few batches! :faint2:
spacer.gif
IMG_0875.jpg

After some putzin' around I managed to get the aft section of the stringers bedded, filleted and taped (just one layer before my hands gave out).

spacer.gif
IMG_0881.jpg

Fillets turned out pretty good this time. I used a cut up bondo squeegee.

spacer.gif
IMG_0879.jpg

A few more pics & such on the blog update today: http://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2015/10/bedd ... ngers.html

Standby....

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Good idea with the mixer and hope
I hope the weather holds out its turned cold this week fall is in the air hope you can have at least 2 more months of decent weather before you call it quots

Status
Not open for further replies.