UK sailors captured at gunpoint

ob

Admiral
Re: UK sailors captured at gunpoint

treedancer said:
Quote OB

Treedancer,What exactly is your point??NorthKorea needed spying on then and needs spying on now.You are an American aren't you??

What exactly is my point? The point I was trying to make, which you apparently misunderstood, I was trying to point out to our British colleagues that we have been in the same situation and, we managed to get our troops out without getting anybody killed. As for your statement that we should be spying on them, I also agree, with every source that we have available to us. Now for your last question…. yes I am an American, born here, served in the Marine Corps, as did my father before me. Where in my cut and paste post, did you get the impression that I was not a citizen, of this great country that I would gladly give my life for?

Well then..my bad.It seems we are on the same page on NK.BTW,I too served my country as did my father before me.What I did sense from the editors choice of wording in the cut and paste was that Iran was perhaps justified in their actions because of US and UK Naval presence in the region because of lack of diplomacy surrounding the nuclear issue.I assumed that you too sensed this and was championing the angle.Again,it's just what I sensed from the article.Anything that comes remotely close to underminding or skewing the U.S. intentions ,particularly when it involves countries like NK and Iran,tends to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. IMO ,Iran as well as NK needs to be kept close tabs on.If we see eye to eye on that issue ,then we're definately on the same page.

treedancer

Commander

Quote OB

Iran as well as NK needs to be kept close tabs on.If we see eue to eye on that issue ,then we're definately on the same page.

Definitely on the same page,just a misunderstanding,easy to do when talking via computer keyboard.:%

bassman284

Commander

You mouth-breathing rednecks are a trip.

rogerwa

Commander

Interesting development.. The Iraninan presidnet has cancelled his trip to the UN.. Hmmm

Do you suppose they didn't want us to see what was on the ship??

They were in Iraqi waters.. Why did they choose to do this??

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The Brits know perfectly well that their sailors are in no danger and they also know that a few well publicized statements that have no content s but do a lot of face saving will get these soldiers back.
Iran is trying to lay a claim to certain parts of the Shat-El -
Arab or as the Iranians know it,the Shat-El-Farsi (Persian).Diplomats will vent a bit of hot air,maybe a few Iranians arrested in Iraq will quietly be released and that is the end of this story.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

The Brits will do okay. They don't have Jimmmmay at the helm.;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Haut said:
I think it is high time for another Crusade.....;)
Smite the Saracens, I say!......:devil:.

If indeed they want to play a game of chess on the world stage, It time to truly smite them as you say and with extreme prejudice .

I for one am really beginning to become annoyed by this whole militant attiude, iv'e watched this guy in interview's, he absolutey bristled when asked about fear for his comment's and stand's.

Just a children need to know there are certain line's not to cross, they also need to be given a clear direction in which to proceed, clearly the free world is not giving a clear direction to the radical's, @ some point a course correction is going to be needed, and based upon the last 15 yrs they just keep uping the escalation.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

JB said:
Perhaps I read something there that you did not intend, Froggy, but when you say that you don't think they will do anything it suggests to me that you don't think they will do anything.

If you really meant that you don't think they will do anything aggressive or warlike, say so.

Jeez, JB, you sure put a spin on my words. Make me sound like an anti-british jerk....

I have been saying exactly what you request! Here are several quotes-
RubberFrog said:
That's all the British are going to do, "say" a whole lot.

RubberFrog said:
JB said:
I really doubt that the UK will let this go.

There will be more heard about it.

Oh sure, you'll hear plenty about. They'll bluster and posture. Go to the UN. Issue a statement. And then make a concession to get the boys back.

What else are they going to do? Strike Iran?

I think I said exactly what I meant and expressed where I stand.

British dudes, if you didn't read my posts and got your feelings hurt, sorry. I love you guys. But I still don't think anything will come of this.

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

We love you too rubberfrog!

no feelings hurt its easy to misunderstand i think we know what you were saying in that we try talks first.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

jimlad said:
.....i think we know what you were saying in that we try talks first.

I say nuke em now. In the end it'll save a lot of hot air and possibly improve the environment.;) How can you 'talk' through a problem that has been intentionally perpetrated.

....although I cannot fathom their reasoning, there had to be a reason that they chose to squabble over territorial/iraqi waters just prior to abejimmydads:p intended visit to the UN/US. Evil they might be (undoubtedly) but they are not stupid. Everything they do and say is calculated for some result. They do nothing capriciously nor out of any sense of benevolence.

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

Boomyal said:
jimlad said:
.....i think we know what you were saying in that we try talks first.

I say nuke em now. In the end it'll save a lot of hot air and possibly improve the environment.;)

d:) d:) :devil:

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Its high time the English speaking countries of the world start kicking arse. We didn't get to be a superpower by puzzyfooting around with people while holding there hand saying it'll be allright. We shot there azz and got it over with. Call me racist, hateful, redneck, uneducated white trash if you must, I still say those who oppose us should glow green and their great grandchildren should be born with 13 fingers because we put so much radiation in their area.

OldMercsRule

Captain

[colour=blue]I think the Persians are perfectly logical here. They took over our embassy in 1979 and the worst President in US History allowed them to spit in our face and start the War we are now openly engaged in. Why wouldn't they try again? They know they have many allies here in the USA like John F Kerry, John Murtha and most of the rest of the Dems. They have many allies in Europe as well and they know it very well. Lisa, (Mrs Jimlad), is hopefull that her government can talk their way out of this. Maybe, as long as Iran gets what it wants: Nuclear Weapons. Hesbola is not ready for the next assult on Israel. So they needed a costly diversion. Mr Bush may have sunk every ship they have, (like Mr. Reagan did a few years back), so they took on the Brits. I hope they stand up to 'em, but like Rubber I fear we in the West are far too weak, and will fold. The enemies are within and the cornsequences of Statesmanship like Sir Winston Churchill, (the greatest man of the last century by far, and it isn't even close), are far too heavy for most. BTW how did Mr. Churchill fare for saving all of us? Somethin' ta ponder don't ya think? Mr. Bush will be lucky to leave office without some major hits for protecting the whole world, and he may have what it takes to stand up to the Persians, (we shall see). I don't see the British Leader today with that much hair, as Mr. Blair is a wounded short timer, (that I respect a great deal), even though his politics are too Liberal for me. Respectfully, (and I mean it to our English Mother countrypeople, and cousins too) JR ps I don't respect the French to much!![/colour]

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

Kenneth said:
Its high time the English speaking countries of the world start kicking arse. We didn't get to be a superpower by puzzyfooting around with people while holding there hand saying it'll be allright. We shot there azz and got it over with. Call me racist, hateful, redneck, uneducated white trash if you must, I still say those who oppose us should glow green and their great grandchildren should be born with 13 fingers because we put so much radiation in their area.
im sorry but i disagree with that its that attitude is whats wrong with this world and we should not punish future generations for the idiots in the world today

Lisa(mrs j)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

jimlad said:
Kenneth said:
im sorry but i disagree with that its that attitude is whats wrong with this world and we should not punish future generations for the idiots in the world today

Lisa(mrs j)

Unfortunately that ( thinking) is why we are here today, the forefather's of extremeism were never punished for the death of Anwar al-Sadat, make no mistake had this man survived the middle east would be by far different and they knew it.

http://www.answers.com/topic/anwar-al-sadat

Anwar al-Sadat met Gamal Abdel Nasser while in a British military school in colonial Egypt in the late 1930s. He joined Nasser for the revolution that fought colonialism and overthrew the monarchy in 1952, eventually succeeding Nasser as president in 1970. In an effort to regain control of losses from the 1967 Six Day War, in 1973 Sadat ordered an attack on Israeli forces and was successful enough to make both sides think about peace. Plagued by domestic economic problems, Sadat made overt gestures of peace to Israel and wooed U.S. president Jimmy Carter into assisting with negotiations. The resulting peace agreement, the Camp David Accords, earned Sadat the 1978 Nobel Prize for Peace (he shared it with Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin). He was assassinated in 1981 by Islamic fundamentalists who opposed the peace treaty with Israel, and succeeded by Hosni Mubarak.

This is how it all started for us folk's, the rest is history

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Alrighty then, don't punish there future generations. Totally wipe them out. When you call an exterminator you don't want him to kill just some of the roaches, some of the fleas, or some of the silverfish. You call him to kill all of them. Rock on.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I gotte agree with Murky.....
But, if the price for those men is allowing Iran to do as they please, then, regretfully, they should become the first martyrs of the new crusade......
Iran & the religion o' peace will not be happy until we are all dead.....
It sickens me that we grovel at their feet while we have the upper hand.....
We will never gain a thing with them by appeasement......
Has the west forgotten Neville Chamberlin's folly?......:|

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Haut said:
I gotte agree with Murky.....
But, if the price for those men is allowing Iran to do as they please, then, regretfully, they should become the first martyrs of the new crusade......
Iran & the religion o' peace will not be happy until we are all dead.....
It sickens me that we grovel at their feet while we have the upper hand.....
We will never gain a thing with them by appeasement......
Has the west forgotten Neville Chamberlin's folly?......:|

Agreed, i used to find humor in your historical phrase "Smite The Saracens" history is showing that our limited military engagement's and polictical dialouge has been truly a "Folly"......... I no longer find that phrase humorus, we are no longer above such thing's, they have organized and elevated there positon and pulled us down at the same time, and we have let them.

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

this has happened before in 2004 and we got our soldiers back without a single shot fired and we will get our sailors without a shot fired which in my opinion is how it should be

Lisa

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We could have sunk a few ships , called in air support from the good old US of A and escalated the situation out of control. We could have launch trident and plunge the world into world war three but Instead everyone used common sense the sailors are in no danger they are just being used as pawns. This is no different than when the chinese forced one of your spy planes to land and didnt give it back nobody nuked anybody. Note when USA bombed and killed chinese nationals by accident they didnt reach for the button.

Dont confuse common sense as a weakness. Gung Ho isnt the only course of action.,