Tri-Hulls

CaliCash

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Tri-Hulls

Oh sweet, I didn't know there was an actual Hurricane section. The only pic I have right now is my avatar. She is the one w the red bimini top, with the London Bridge in the background at Lake Havasu. I will try to find more and post.

- I just made an album and loaded the same picture in there so it will appear a little bigger.

TheLucille

Cadet

A Tri-Hull would be LESS likely to flip than a v-hull of the same size, however they do ride worse. A single v-hull has very little buoyancy at the front, and as it goes into the wave it cuts in and progressively the hull has more and more. So it goes more into the wave. A tri-hull has lots of buoyancy at the front, and 3 hulls of resistance, so rather than going into a wave, the wave tosses it up and it "floats" over the top.

For small lakes with no chop, a tri-hull is a great idea as movement from side to side causes less rocking.

oldjeep

Admiral

Father in-law had a chrysler tri-hull that used to feel really squirrelly in the waves. Oddly enough it was a great little boat to ski behind.