Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant
Re: Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

So the boats all done.
go enjoy whats left of the season.

I wish it was, I still have to finish the deck, I want to put one more layer of glass on her and in the bilge area. Paint everything inside and out, and build the hatches. I ordered the paint and primmer today , I already have cleaned up the teak just have to put a finish on it.

I probably have 1 week of solid work on her @ 14-16 hr days, but things got crazy with my company. I can't even look at her full time for another week, I'm hoping I can get back working maybe some night work this week building hatches and such.

I want to at least get her on the water a few times this year. Im a die hard, I even ride my bike in the winter.
There is nothing more beautiful like I clear winter nights sunset and being under the stars out on the ocean with Wifey just soaking in creation. For us it clears and enhances our perspective of things and whats truly important. (The Heated cabin helps too lol).

Then again, we might just be nuts, crazy, stupid or dumb to some but we love it

Regards,
Bill

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HVAC Cruiser,
Great Job on the boat.
I just finished reading your thread and it looks great.
Hope to see it when it's finished.
Bob

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

I wish it was, I still have to finish the deck, I want to put one more layer of glass on her and in the bilge area. Paint everything inside and out, and build the hatches. I ordered the paint and primmer today , I already have cleaned up the teak just have to put a finish on it.

I probably have 1 week of solid work on her @ 14-16 hr days, but things got crazy with my company. I can't even look at her full time for another week, I'm hoping I can get back working maybe some night work this week building hatches and such.

I want to at least get her on the water a few times this year. Im a die hard, I even ride my bike in the winter.
There is nothing more beautiful like I clear winter nights sunset and being under the stars out on the ocean with Wifey just soaking in creation. For us it clears and enhances our perspective of things and whats truly important. (The Heated cabin helps too lol).

Then again, we might just be nuts, crazy, stupid or dumb to some but we love it

Regards,
Bill

I cant wait to do that, but in the summer:D

evildocrsx

Petty Officer 1st Class

HVAC, all this time and I hadn't seen your project. LOL Don't know how i missed it. :confused: It's turning out good BTW.

My Dad had an experience where the inspector would not pass inspection because of some bs the inspector wanted my Dad to do. So he went to the building department place, (don't know what it's called) and requested another inspector who knew what the hell he was doing. The chief inspector went out and passed him with flying colors. Before the inspector left, he commented to my Dad that that other inspector was crazy and didn't know what the hell he was doing. He was a new guy and still needed to learn more.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I almost became an inspector, I should have. Sounds like fun!!!!

So enough about this inspector crap lets see more pics of your boat that you painted black and are not happy with it. Oh wait nm thats me.

Seriously tho, I need to see other peoples boat so I get motivated again, this paint thing effed up my motivation.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Bob Thanks for the complement I can't wait till its done just so I can stop being itchy :D

Hey Vert, Wheres your sense of adventure Lol
How goes it with yours, have you started on her yet?

evildocrsx yea Ive been here plugging away at it. With the inspector, I usually don't have problems. This is a 1st for me

Sorry Thrill, haven't even seen my boat in a week :(.
Here are some pics of what i've been up to if it helps, drawing pretty pictures and boolean logic. Soon I will be ready for that special white jacket and that rubber room :eek:

Pretty pictures
bms004.jpg

Logic sometimes fuzzy at times
bms003.jpg

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is awesome that you know how to do that with logic, I hate that stuff. It is slow going over hear, my work hours have been fluctuating so it makes it hard to do anything and in the fall you know what its like with the bride wanting to go out east on the weekends, football on sunday etc. Have you ever heard of the system 2000 oil burner? My buddy just got one and im thinking about it.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

That is awesome that you know how to do that with logic, I hate that stuff. It is slow going over hear, my work hours have been fluctuating so it makes it hard to do anything and in the fall you know what its like with the bride wanting to go out east on the weekends, football on sunday etc. Have you ever heard of the system 2000 oil burner? My buddy just got one and im thinking about it.

Knowing how to do it has its disadvantages with someone like me. I am forever giving my self more work by trying to make a better by re-inventing wheel all the time.
Although it is cool when a customer calls and says "were on our way home from vacation can you adjust the A/C in the house for us". and you take out your laptop and change the temp in their home from 100 mi away:D

yep I know about system 2000, Im really not that impressed. they are a steel boiler and if you look you will see they advertise "UP TO" AFUE of 87.9% on them with oil
A Buderus G125BE or a GB125BE youll get 90% or better out of them. Heck with a regular G115 you'll get 86 or better.

The first thing you want to do is a manual J on your home to properly size the boiler. Most homes have oversized boilers which wastes fuel. Another thing that saves money is go with an indirect for DHW insted of a free standing hot water heater.

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

I will definetly pick your brain when it comes time to do the burner. Hows the boat coming along?

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I will definetly pick your brain when it comes time to do the burner. Hows the boat coming along?

Hey Vert, More than happy to help feel free to pick away, . I?m sorry to say I haven?t had a chance to work on the boat lately, business and life has been getting in the way of it:(
In addition, I have to start getting ready for hunting season, we had the property logged this year and they made a mess. Got to get up state and clear some of my trails, want to do some work on my tree stand, make a new ladder for it etc...

Hows things with your boat, haven't seen any action on your thread lately

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Guess it is almost time to hijack your thread again and have people post pics of thier hunt trophys! lol

Catagories...Whitetail Deer / Elk / Bear / Sheep / Moose / Pronghorn ...dont forget Squirrel for our southern friends LOL just kidding! oh and Roadrunner trophys for us Westerners!
Heres mine....

this one got away!
Roadrunner.jpg

me when I went moose hunting...lol
2006-ClaytonMoose.jpg

Here's me when I had a red moustache and was a little heavy...
Deer7.JPG

me with my first Elk :D
trophy_elk_hunt.jpg

wow I certainly have changed over the years! hahahah

thrillhouse700

Wish I had the pic of the pigeon I accidentally killed when i was 12.

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, all I can say for the boat is that the dining room has a fresh coat of paint, chair rail, crown molding and a new chandalier. I plan on getting back on the boat this weekend. Sounds like you have your hands full upstate but im sure it will be worth it. Do you guys use quads up there to get around? I took the hunters safety class last year but just havent found time to go. A friend of mine has land by windham that we will be going to soon.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Thrill, you reminded me of a funny story, my 1st wife and I had a quail fly across and get decapitated on our car antenna. What did we do at like 21, we took it home and cooked it for dinner :eek: Thinking back, we did some crazy things LOL

Hey Vert - our property is up above Rosco , my buddy brings his quad up, me I bounce through the woods in my 94 jeep wrangler, it has heat :D. I have 15' wide roads tat run all over the property including around the outer perimeter makes my life easier. especially when like this monday i'll be there posting, its 10,000 feet of boundry,:eek: sure gets you tired after a day of walking that

Well Vegas, you've got me beat by a mile

Here is me and bambie's dad last year, wow I look old when I don't shave to much grey ouch!!!
hunting1.jpg

Here he is on the roof of my explorer
hunting2.jpg

[
hunting3.jpg

He's not a moose, but 8 points and good shoot for my property upstate ny.
I got him a apout 170 yards, he was running with another buck, believe it or not. The other buck was bigger probably a 10 point but I could never get a clean shot. I wathed them for 2 days finally on sunday whn I new I had to get going home I took the 8 point

This year I really want to get that 6' bear thats been running around the property.

thrillhouse700

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy monkey nuts, Im drunk sorry I laughed so hard when I read that. Last year when I went to visit my folks in florida my dad and I went fishing at the sebastian inlet. On the way home a seagull decided he did not want to live anymore and he dive bombed into the truck, then bounced off and sucked under another car, he was really really dead.

Sadly I could not stop laughing, My dad thinks Im insane......

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Well Vegas, you've got me beat by a mile

I wish the deer were mine...but Im not the people in the pics! they are all different people...

Bill, seriously...Im ugly.:eek:..just not THAT ugly LOL :D
the people in the pics are random yahoos off the image search! lol
I would love to hunt, just never have had the opportunity or made the opportunity more like it...,
shot a killdeer bird once with a .22 in one eye, out the other! he fell over fast...1rst kill and that was in the 80s! Me and Thrillhouse are about even, YOU got ME beat..

Shot a rabbit in the hind quarter from 50 yards with a bow, I was practicing on my hay stacks when I lived in the california desert.....that rabbit came around, and well, heck I shot him...hit em in the butt! he ran off with my practice arrow! little bugger!

this is me!
SleecraftExecutive-120.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Wow my spelling was bad last night, little to much tequila :D

Hey Thrill, look at it this way, could have been worse might have taken it home and had it for dinner :eek:

Hey Vert, your out here, you should meet me at Brookhaven range some time for some shooting

Hey Vegas, your a nut ROFLMAO

Well, sorry to say that ugly guy in the top pick is me, at least after 3 days of not shaving or showering :eek:

Last years deer was the biggest rack I ever shot, thats why he is now hanging on my wall in my home office, the wife won't allow it anywere else.
my wife hates it, the kids on the other hand, are forever getting up on a chair to pet the darn thing their 4 & 7 Lol and actually eat better when they know its dear, or something daddy shot no figure huh.

I've actually been hunting all my life, rabbit, woodchuck(prarrie dog) raccoon, etc.. Shot my 1st chuck when I was 9. The farmer up the road used to let us shoot them on his property cause they make these big holes in the ground ruin the fields and if his horses or cows stumbled accross the holes they could wind up with a broken leg. Their good eating too, they are vegitarians

I also bent many of shafts on my tractors mowing deck because of them.
Hunting and shooting has alway been my pressure relief. I even have a 50 cal muzzle loader that I am using this year for muzzle season.
Some day when I retire I want to just live in a little cabin in the woods, kind like Grizzly Adams, the only difference would be, if a bear crosses my path, it becomes my new Rug, not my pet LOL

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

BILL

thats right...you got that new muzzle loader,,,
howd that go? lotta kick? must been smoky as heck...

yeah a little gray aint a bad thing...you look distinguished! Ive got it, just not as much, in fact ALOT LESS lol....looks good on you though...

You would prob really like Alaska, especially in summer....I have some pals up there...visit em every 5 years or so...they all have property and bear rugs, carabou antlers littering thier yard....they eat wild game exclusively...bear lasagna is real good Ill tell ya from experience :) most of em have houses paid for or self built....

I was pushing to sell our house and move out to Colorado 5 years ago, plan called for us to get some acreage in the mountains, self build a house for cash from the equity of the old one in Vegas, fish, hunt, 4x4, ski, 4 seasons, whitewater raft etc....wife got cold feet on that one and it didnt happen....woulda had a house paid for and cash leftover...mighta ended uop killing each other though...kinda like Jack Nicholson in that movie HERE"S JOHHNY!:eek: well atleast I learned home building techniques after reading 5 stick building / electrical books daily for over a year (bathroom material)
sure are a lot of neat home building products out there too...internet!

are your kids helping at all with the boat rebuild?

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bill I think Vegas is messin with us I think he is using that just for men stuff on his facial hair :D. I know I had to cut off my goatee and go to a fumanchu as there was just way to much gray on my face as well LOL. Good lookin Buck by the way . I like Vegas dont hunt growing up in Fla where the deer look like Labs with antlers made it pretty much pointless :D.

Rick

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Vegas, Alaska is the way to go, if I could I would move there tomorrow, live off the land and just dissapear back to a simpler life and time. I've always felt that I belong more in the 18th century. Gods country kinda brings you back there. The Wife would never go for it she is to Cindy Lauper ( Materia Girll) :(

Bill I think Vegas is messin with us I think he is using that just for men stuff on his facial hair :D. I know I had to cut off my goatee and go to a fumanchu as there was just way to much gray on my face as well LOL. Good lookin Buck by the way . I like Vegas dont hunt growing up in Fla where the deer look like Labs with antlers made it pretty much pointless :D.

Rick

Hey Rick, thats actually why I shaved my mustache. I actually have had gray hair since I was 16, but thats better than my brother though I have a flat-top, he's BALD!!! He used to pick on me for it when we were kids, now I get the last laugh :D he took after my dads side LOL

I forgot you grew up in FLA, thats ok I grew up in brooklyn, the neighborhood im from had the highest murder rate in the nation at that time.

By the way Vegas, thats also how I came up for the suggestion for your neighbors dog OOPS Better edit the rest out. Just kidding hehehe

I swear my folks only bought upstate back in 64 for training purposes LOL
Being short and english irish and ital in that neiborhood was like living a talking heads song (life during wartime, psycho killer, take your pick).
But I guess it worked, everyone I grew up with is either dead, jail or witness protection.
Shoot, gota get some programming done before my 9pm conference call
Later Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.