The well traveled 1979 Starcraft 18' V5 SS

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just relished the last +1hr I've spent re-reading this entire thread! Man what a journey, you must be soooo thrilled to have all that behind you now! Cut that wake and have fun mate...remember to video it for us!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Awesome stuff WM! Can't wait to see what the next 72 hours brings! :thumb:

Pusher

Lieutenant
It's too bad there's not a splash zone between us. I'd try breaking in my wife's new camera for her. At least if the shots didn't look good I'd know it was the camera.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice weather this morning so I pulled the SS out and fired it up on the muffs to see how the charging went with the new part. Bam that's knocked out it was charging like it should.

Noticed some juice around the carbs and then caught a drip out of the corner of my eye. Dang another issue to solve. Found a brass screw in plug that was the source of the leak but no way to get a new ss washer seal for it without buying a kit. Time for a temporary workaround. :rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Boy, one thing or another.

Still getting close to that splash!

Watermann

Boy, one thing or another.

Still getting close to that splash!

Yeaj that was the easy carb, the top one of the 3. So I inspected the other 2 and of course found another leak in the bottom plug of the bottom carb. :facepalm: That was a chore to remove, had to cut down a socket to be able to get to a super tight nut in a super tight space but I think I got them all sealed up now.

Still going to shoot for a splash tomorrow but I'll be testing it first thing before heading out.

Hey thanks will, I think I fell in love with this one too.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Come on Rob, we need you to be the first Splash of 2017

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I bet he's out on the water right now, getting pix and video for us! :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Or drinkin' beer while smokin' a ceegar and looking her over thinking she's too pretty to drop in the drink. :eek: LOL

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey mate yr killin the mob here lol

What time zone you in so if I have to stay awake later, I know it'll be well worth it!!!

Watermann

Splashed!

Hey fellas, I'm back home now. I spent a couple hours this morning replacing every fuel line under the cowl and stopping up a couple more leaks. Someone had rebuilt the carbs and just screwed the main jet plugs back with no sealant so while I had things apart I went ahead and replaced all the fuel lines.

I should've already done all the fuel system repairs since the old line were awful as in if you touch one and your hands blacked with gunk. Anyway my resto buddy showed up about 0715 and helped me with the work and once no fuel was leaking then away we went to Rufus Woods Lake at about 1000.

Water was great, like glass.

y4mtSlrrN6QV2OiG1v-39BZ5fBMA3cRTK98oYbPM8_5FYyvgmEHMKB_wOH0fZ_KByMrsY4ri8r8Wx-NIUybSbuZR2ZAQp2dZ6BSYIKzB_XGOp83upW3fAbYjjzympW3bxD0WsVJWzY4r4wX2VmFWmKHHX05ws4N54HZmGy5mJ0tgYSrAOQNCkLZNBvOAVHketWcStwKO0B8d8X1tL3FpP7WVQ

We putted along at first at about 6 or 7 MPH for like a half hour because I didn't replace the fuel pump and although the 140 Merc would idle fine, the pump diaphragm wasn't delivering the fuel needed to do anything but bog down when throttle was applied.

y4m9S9CTiq3jwDSV92zDEcI7cHLTt0DRZmM6Iqzj0hIUlYZ9DiR7dTcPTF5YaQzg7sQgMGN8ytKQS7VIWFw2iOUoXAqpQox3HVcFpbrLFRQatNhHPo8N6IOoqtEqXxbFyXlGnHHADA2NR2ezSu9_YvUUJNjzk-UTApjhuMoqKYnVsb-6IVSIvEw0rXj2NGLcRybOp0O7KOA9ITp8IJcj6hnCg

Well we were heading in a bit dejected when all of the sudden the fuel pump diaphragm must have gotten soaked in pre-mix long enough to start working again. Bam that sucker took off like a raped ape!

It was still a little weak and not providing enough fuel so a new pump is in order before the next trial run.

Last edited:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
SAAAAAWHEEEEET!!!!!!
Congratulations mate on an exciting SPLASHHHHHH....
No better motivator.....oh man I can't wait to get out now.....Thanks for sharing with us :thumb:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Hot dang! Starcraft on the water! :thumb: :whoo: :cheer2: :tea: :congratulatory: :roll: :target: :clap2:

Congratulations on an AWESOME splash! That is one fantastic and fast fishing machine!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :rockon: :peace: :encouragement: :bounce:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Darm, BWR used up all the bandwidth :rolleyes:

Nice work Rob. Looks great.