The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

blazer999

Recruit
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

Hello all,
I recently bought a 1985 16 1/2 foot Sea Nymph Fishing Machine. I'm getting conflicting information on the company and parent companies. The previous owner(s) had it registered as a SeaArk manufactured boat, but I believe SeaArk only came into existance in 1988. I wrote to Sea Ark and they suggested the boat was from the MonArk Boat Company which the family originally established in 1958 and sold to Brunswick. Other spots on the internet say Sea Nymph (a separate company) was established in 1946 and bought out by Lowe in either 1971 or 1999. Can anyone set me straight? Where would my 1985 boat fit in? Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Wayne,
The best I can tell is Sea Nymph was bought out by Lowe.....Lowe is now owned by Brunswick, which is supposedly the largest aluminum boatmaker.......this is what was conveyed to me by the rep from Lowe.....
I, too, have a 1985 16 1/2 Sea Nymph 161fm.....won't give it up.....oh yeah, I like those Bass Trackers with a larger beam but I can still push this rig around on the trailer and don't think I could do that on a moderate upgrade with one of them. At present, am considering recarpeting but I don't know if the floor is fastened down to where I could take it up or do I have to use a heat gun to remove the carpet and then glue the new stuff down.Attached pix of my rig.........Boat.jpgboat 2.jpg

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Just checkin in and sayin I want to go fishin n boatin so bad.. Were supposed to get a 1 foot of snow today and be in the single digits. I have cabin fever.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Tell me about it Bruce, winters are too long and cold. I wish the globe would hurry along with the warming... :smow:

wayne.zurl

Cadet

Thanks for the information, Blazer.
The floor panel can be removed by finding the screws, but it's a huge job, especially with all you have attached to it. Before I recarpeted my boat, I asked a repair shop for a quote. They wanted more than twice the price if they did the main deck because of the amount of labor involved. I found competant help with the carpeting and did the upper decks myself. As soon as I can get my barn over 60 degrees, I'm having someone help me spray the hull. I've attached a couple of WIP photos.

Thanks again & stay warm.
wz

Attachments

• DSC_0461.jpg
    DSC_0461.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0462.jpg
    DSC_0462.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 5

Strawn M

Cadet

Don't know why it is that Weather and free time always seem to be at odds with each other. I have some free time today and Oklahoma City is experiencing the coldest day that we have seen in years. It's 10 degrees outside but at least the gale force winds of yesterday have laid off. Don't think I'll be dropping that lower unit as planned.

Watermann

Nice SN you have there Wayne!

wayne.zurl

Cadet

Thanks, Waterman.

I'm getting anxious to finish the project. Once I paint the hull, the boat is complete. In the spring I'll rent a spot at a marina for a week or so, sand blast, and paint the trailer.

Cheers,

wz

iraqvet13f

Cadet

Hello to all fellow Sea Nymph Owners.... Newby here with some questions... hope ya'll don't mind getting bombarded...

Just purchased a Sea Nymph boat (Private Sale) and here is what I DO KNOW:

Year: 1987
Make: Sea Nymph
Model: Fishing Machine
Model Number ??? (FM160, FM164????)
Length: 16.5 FT
Type: V Hull
Motor: 70 HP Yamaha 70TLRP // Not original motor....

My original Capacity data plate is GONE... CAN NOT READ ANYTHING ON IT!!! Except the number 6 (Top left corner) and 815 lbs (Very faded on right side)

That's it folks.

Now the questions begin!!!!

Wondering if ANYONE may have the same Boat?

I need to know max HP capacity, and the general data from someone else's boat... especially Model number (FM 160, FM 164) max HP, max

I called Lowe Boats, as they bought several patents from the original manufacturers OMC Group, but all the Owners brochures they had were for 1983-1985, and 1990 to present.

Also, was told to that Godfrey Marine LLC had bought the remaining shares and patents for Sea Nymph, and lastly Nautical Global Group, (Who now makes Polarcraft) had bought out Godfrey...Marine.

No one seems to have the 1987 Brochure for this (my) boat. Spoke with several Corporate folks at all of the above named manufacturers. Got a round about "Conservative" Max Weight, and HP but I would really like to know the actual data...

Is there a way to calculate the information for a boat by hand?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Wondering

Watermann

Welcome aboard vet! Here is a pic of my SS160's original cap plate.

and the new one I had made.

Your boat should be close to the same since your plate says 815.

Last edited:

utfisherman

Seaman

I got me a 1983 Sea Nymph 17 foot sport fish last fall it was deal I couldn't turn down. it has an 85 hp Suzuki on it. the only problem we have had a hard water problem here and haven't been able to get it out yet. Cant wait for the ice to melt. :D

FIRE526

Cadet

3E93I93H65L15K55scd667b7f1ad98956104e.jpg3K23Ie3Nc5rb5q25tfd66d81dca765214148a.jpg3If3L83J75I45q45M4d6677af3b5974c1110c.jpg3M23I83Nf5re5E55q2d66c2f48ce2a1c5129c.jpg I will be

Last edited by a moderator:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, she's sharp!:thumb:

iraqvet13f

Cadet

Many Thanks to you Watermann!!!! Got my new data sticker in today, got a piece of tin to replace the original... Thanks again for the info!!!!

iraqvet13f

Cadet

Once the weather starts to cooperate, (Rain, sleet snow and 30 degree weather) I will get some pics and post for ya'll to see... Im sure I will have MANY more questions to come!!!

Watermann

Your welcome vet, we'll be here so ask away!

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello everyone! Allot of great posts and I see a lot of nice restoration,s going on. Great work guys! Keep up the good work, glad to see the torch is still lite. I'm currently looking for another 171 seanymph striper to restore and use this season. If anyone knows of any around, or if anyone finds any good deals in general please post the links up here so others as well can check them out and perhaps purchase one that's not local in there state.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Holy Moly, SNS is here!

Hey buddy, you do know you left iBoats hanging with your 2 to 1 frankenstein Islander idea right?

Watermann

Hey SNS, welcome back to your thread. Some of us have taken the thread under our wings to try and keep it alive as you intended.

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I check in from time to time. You guys did a great job, and thanks for keeping it going. I just figured out how to get alerts to my email. So hopefully I'll be around more often. Just been so busy the past couple years with business. No time.

And when I do have time, I'm fishing sleeping, or with the kids. Hope everyone is well and doing good and fishing, enjoying there boats. Can't wait for winter to be over and back out on the water.