The Anti-Starcraft Club

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: The Anti-Starcraft Club

Hmmm...looks pretty close if we use similar counting tactics :p

list.jpg

All kiddin aside, think any restores in my future will be of the aluminum kind, heck I missed the whole summer boating season with this one...still a ton of fun though!!!

LOL Kenny it was after midnight when Kev made that list I will admit I helped with names :D . I think the late hour may have contributed to counting a few members twice although mostly notable members :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

LOL Kenny it was after midnight when Kev made that list I will admit I helped with names :D . I think the late hour may have contributed to counting a few members twice although mostly notable members :D.

Rick

yep..mostly:D

You guys know who ya are..

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Actually, she appears to flying the ensign of the Rising Sun.

Point well made, Kev. Now where is that Titanic photo?

LOL!

ya know...the japanese Navy would NOT be a good endorsement..ahem

Theres pics of the Titanic on Nat'l Geographic..lol..I hafta say tho..
Glass or Tin aint got nuthing on The Ark..lol

Wood must be the way to go_Or God would have had Noah invent glass or sheet metal..ROFLMAO

rcmickey

Seaman

I agree the best things in life come in a can. But I rather stick with my Aluminum Pricecraft 19.6 rather than switch to a Star-Craft. Oh do they have to wear a thong? If Florida at the Columbus Day Regata they all just wear a very big smile. Keep it up guys.....lots of fun!!

notsunkyet

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ya know, i have to say ... i've been on here for about 6 months now and there are a alot of you guys i've never met and yet I feel I know. That is a testament as to how there are still good people and how just good simple honest things can bring many good people together... Just wanted to say thanks and i appreciate everyone on here who helps everyone else out and isnt looking for something out of it.

ok now i need a beer got WAY too mushy there lol.
From an aluminun can that is...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I like my beer from a bottle or an aluminum keg!!! Something about plastics ruins the flavor!

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

Ya know, i have to say ... i've been on here for about 6 months now and there are a alot of you guys i've never met and yet I feel I know. That is a testament as to how there are still good people and how just good simple honest things can bring many good people together... Just wanted to say thanks and i appreciate everyone on here who helps everyone else out and isnt looking for something out of it.

ok now i need a beer got WAY too mushy there lol.
From an aluminun can that is...

I agree 100% with you.

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

Okay Bob_VT, Rickairmedic & CheapboatKev...Please stop begging for me to add you guys to the list through PM's. I first have to await member confirmation from the group.
24.gif

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Ok Red dont make me show you my glass boats .

Lets see 1960 Cutter 14' runabout

DSCI0074.jpg

With a killer 1959 Mercury Mark 58A motor hangin off the back

DSCI0070.jpg

Then of course theres the 1964 Crestliner Del Rio

DSCI0178.jpg

I am still happiest with my Starcraft though

DSCI0187.jpg

Rick :D

MIKEYLIKESIT

Cadet

wow! the body lines on the cutter are fantastic! i didn't realize some of the detail they put in those old boats. i would love to have that. are they hard to find?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

see what girl got ALL the love there Rick..yep..the SC!

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

If I was to have a glass boat. I?d like to have an old MFG Niagara, I really like the looks of those old glass boats.

Jeff.

tallcanadian

Captain

"Add Me"

Because aluminum smelting involves passing an electric current through a molten electrolyte, it requires large amounts of electrical energy. On average, production of 2 lb (1 kg) of aluminum requires 15 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of energy.

So much for being our ''green'' world.

Rickairmedic

Commander

wow! the body lines on the cutter are fantastic! i didn't realize some of the detail they put in those old boats. i would love to have that. are they hard to find?

LOL Mikey actually I watched it on Craigs drop in price for several months before I snagged it . I have found out since then that they were made from 1956 -1962 so they are kinda rare I guess made by the Ownes Brothers Yacht company in Tell City In. just up the road from me :D.

Rick

MIKEYLIKESIT

Cadet

LOL Mikey actually I watched it on Craigs drop in price for several months before I snagged it . I have found out since then that they were made from 1956 -1962 so they are kinda rare I guess made by the Ownes Brothers Yacht company in Tell City In. just up the road from me :D.

Rick

nice! have big plans for her?

Rickairmedic

Commander

May Resto her this winter Mike hard to say I have the Starcraft to finish a Blazer to do and a 63 Ford F100 in front of her :D

Rick

MIKEYLIKESIT

Cadet

LOL, i understand completely. too many irons in the fire myself. i'm also into 4wheeling so i have a bronco i'm building, a Triumph Trophy thats needs some attention, a Holiday Rambler that need some fixing up and now a boat! i'm drowning!