The Anti-Starcraft Club

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer
I'm just messing with you Starcraft guys.
grinning-smiley-004.gif

Rules and boating by-laws
1. All members welcome.
2. No bashing on any boat.
3. No speeds believed accurate unless video of GPS run confirms it.
4. Bail money must be posted for a buddy in need.
5. A 12 oz. beverage of the captains choosing must be offered evere hour on a boat up to 6 hours for being a guest.
6. Substitute #5 for hot women
7. Any boat with a cannon built in gains membership free status.

Rest T.B.A.

Feel free to add suggestions and if it's good, I'll add to the list.

Members:
Bigredinohio,
HopeSheFloats,
mddubya,
Camlee98,
tallcanadian,

Be sure to post "add me" to have your name added above. :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: The Anti-Starcraft Club

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

I think this may be proof that us Tin Can Men are taking over the Resto Forum!

bwaa-haaaa-haaa-haaaa-haaaaaaa

Think about aout it..2 of the best things in the world are made from aluminum..

Beer cans & Starcrafts!:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL I will second Kevs oppinion and substitute Mountain Dew cans for Beer cans :D. I dont have a problem with the non tin canners having a club we have a blast and actually get together to chat several times a week :D.

Rick

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

Revision made for you Rick.

You know it's bad when you have a reunion thread for NEXT YEAR in your signature!

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rivets and water? It just ain't natural.

LOL!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Revision made for you Rick.

You know it's bad when you have a reunion thread for NEXT YEAR in your signature!

LOL Red gotta keep all these new Starcraft owners inline and let em know about the Great 1st annual TinStock so they show up :D.

I will admit though I do have 2 Glass boats Shhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell Kev :D a 1964 Crestliner Del Rio and a 1960 Cutter.

Rick

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have an ugly duckling Starcraft and its fiberass so I dont all know what I know about that. Seems Starcraft built alot of aluminum boats and many are still surviving.

I looked on ebay for some Starcraft junk after someone mentioned it on here and found a boat just like mine only with blue trim instead of orange and its in nice looking shape for 33 years old and near my house and best of all it has a Ford V8 :cool:
Going cheap, says cracked transom. My boat is in similar shape makes me wonder if I am the right wave hit away from busting my transom to bits. :redface:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976...a9dQQitemZ120470915741QQptZPowerQ5fMotorboats
Kinda want but the money will be all wrong I'm sure.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

I've reported this thread and asked the moderators to delete it.

:p

Huron Angler

Admiral

Windsor you should at least bid that old girl up to an even $300 on ebay for kicks. It looks like a pretty well-designed hull...love those aft fish wells/beer coolers. If it were closer to me I'd throw out a few bids:) Rick how far are ya from wisconsin? I think your driveway was designed for four boats:D

Now that I think about it I'd love to own a matching set of Starcrafts...one tin can for fishing and a 'glass hull for skiing, tubing and cruising:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL HA SWMBO would officially kill me if I tried to sneak another boat in right now good thing its so far away :D Plus I am waiting patiently for that 22' Super Sport to pop up in need of TLC ROFLMAO.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Kev if its good enough for the US Navy its good enough for the Starcraft armada :D.

Rick

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Here here... cheers to the anti-starcraft club...Tin is what we use for roof material over the outhouse :p us 'non-tin restorers' are so tuff, we get our fiber from glass :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hmmmmm I could smite the culprits and say the anti starcraft club is a direct attack against members and a Mod! :D You know...the Mod who owns three Starcraft's!!!!

Just remember aluminum does not make you itch!!

notsunkyet

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Love it! trash talking over boats!! ... now all we need is some hot wings, beer and a ball game and the day is complete!..... Oh yea by the way fibergalss is made of modern science and aluminum is well a byproduct (read waste) of bauxite...hummmmm

fishrdan

Admiral

Right you are.,

Buuuut....

Aluminum toxicity can lead to various health problems in the long run including speech problems, memory loss, headaches, anemia, kidney dysfunction, liver problems, extreme nervousness, rickets, gastrointestinal problems, softening of the bones, colic, negative impact on the metabolism of calcium, etc. In extreme cases symptoms of aluminum toxicity are quite similar to Alzheimer's disease.

:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hmmmmm I could smite the culprits and say the anti starcraft club is a direct attack against members and a Mod! :D You know...the Mod who owns three Starcraft's!!!!

True enough Bob..But they sure get under your skin

Love it! trash talking over boats!! ... now all we need is some hot wings, beer and a ball game and the day is complete!..... Oh yea by the way fibergalss is made of modern science and aluminum is well a byproduct (read waste) of bauxite...hummmmm

Well yes in a sense..Not so much a by product, but rather the result of treating Aluminum ore..

pure aluminium is a silvery-white metal with many desirable characteristics. It is light, nontoxic (as the metal), nonmagnetic and nonsparking. It is somewhat decorative. It is easily formed, machined, and cast. Pure aluminium is soft and lacks strength, but alloys with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, and other elements have very useful properties. Aluminium is an abundant element in the earth's crust, but it is not found free in nature. The Bayer process is used to refine aluminium from bauxite, an aluminium ore.

I couldn't find a reference for Fibber Glass in the Periodic Table of Elements..hmmmmmmm