Starcrafts Let's see your tops!!!

sje0123

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally got around to digging out the old canvas given to me by the PO. All of it fit OK. It had shrunk pretty good and I had to soak it all in a little water to give a little to snap in. The bow cover is in good shape. Just a small tear from a mouse eating thru it. The top however has a good bit of holes from mice in the PO's shed. All the zippers are trashed. About halfway up the are torn thru and the zipper falls off track.

img20111008154442.jpg

img20111008154502.jpg

I'm in the market for a tall bimini. The top there now doesn't even allow me to sit up all the way. I'm looking for one to cover most of the boat for the summer. What have you all got for yours? I wanna see em. :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: Starcraft SS Let's see your tops!!!

I'd post my cool tall Bimini but I have a Holiday.

64osby

Admiral

I'd post my cool tall Bimini but I have a Holiday.

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever took a picture of my mint factory tall Bimini when it was open. but it doesn't matter, it's on a Mariner.

sje0123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Aww shoot! Sorry guys. Go ahead, post em up. I'll open it to all Starcrafts. :p

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Starcrafts Let's see your tops!!!

I'm in the market for a tall bimini. The top there now doesn't even allow me to sit up all the way. I'm looking for one to cover most of the boat for the summer. What have you all got for yours? I wanna see em. :D

I have the top you are wanting, and I never used it yet. The owners purchased it new for $375 the season I bot the boat(2010).

When you consider I sold off 2 "lounge seats" for $300, a 12v windlass anchor for $100, the trailer swap for a plus $75, and a new Sunbrella Bimini at $375, my rig had a bare opening cost of $350 dollars before Resto for a boat/motor, and trailer.

That said, I am uncertain as to this style of top versus what I like to use. This is more for providing shade. My 2000 Starcraft had the raised top with plastic windows, and the cabin canvass, as well as a bow and cockpit cover.

I am going to make a bow and cockpit cover for dock mooring myself(with wife), and if comes out decent, a full cabin set afterwards.

I will post the picture of the top that came with my 79SS18. If you PM me, I can provide you a link where you can make your own, found a supplier of TOP GUN and Odyssey III materials at a great price, you would need to replicate the posts/hardware.

Attachments

• boatiowa1waterbim.jpg
    boatiowa1waterbim.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I just have a 6' bimini on mine. Gets the job done but probably could have gone with the 8' one that dozer put on his.

IMG_1134.jpg

sje0123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm definitely going to need to pic one up for next season. Makes the boat look so much more comfortable. I haven't had mine long enough to experience a hot summer day out on the water but I'd imagine it's a necessity.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This top?

Attachments

• Starmada Cap 101.jpg
    Starmada Cap 101.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

I'm definitely going to need to pic one up for next season. Makes the boat look so much more comfortable. I haven't had mine long enough to experience a hot summer day out on the water but I'd imagine it's a necessity.
What would be really nice would be for the upright parts ot the top frame to be height adlustable so you could use it as a rain top if the weather got bad.

sje0123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What would be really nice would be for the upright parts ot the top frame to be height adlustable so you could use it as a rain top if the weather got bad.

That would be nice. Kind of like I have now but the frame uprights be telescoping and adjustable. Wish i had the resources to fab that up.

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Here is mine...36" above the rail and 6' long.
039.jpg

64osby

Admiral

No I don't have a pic of the Bimini open, but here it stored at the back of the boat.
IMG-20110809-00016.jpg

Then it slides forward in a track and mounts where it can be set in the up position.
Long Lake-20110815-00038.jpg
It does seem to sway a little when I run with the top in the up and stored position. I haven't tried to run with it opened yet.

Next year I'll take a pic of it opened up.

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's my '77 SS with a top I picked up on Craigs List.

Attachments

• DSC03995.JPG
    DSC03995.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 2