Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Wow Redneck, that last one is cool. What is the difference between a chief and an islander? I thought it was the cabin size but seeing a kitchen in that chief maybe I was wrong.

Most big Islanders are fishing oriented with a larger cockpit and smaller cabin with a Port-a-potty.

Big Chieftains are cruisers with larger cabins and smaller cockpits with a galley of sorts. And a Port-a-potty. :smile:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks GA. I thought it was the other way around and that chefs had smaller cabins.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Not the expert, but he did note big chiefs. Little chiefs did have a smaller cabin than comparable islander, but taller ie more headroom in the chief. An expert will be by to give a definitive answer

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
EZ if you know someone that has one for an 18-footer with a clean title in our area let me know.

I don't know anyone with one. Could kinda use a better one myself. I got a really reasonable quote for a new one from these guys though. May do it someday http://emimarineinc.com/ (it was a while ago though and I don't remember the number)

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm gonna need a trailer, this one does not have a title and I do not think I will be able to get one.

EZ if you know someone that has one for an 18-footer with a clean title in our area let me know. I will likely sell this one for a little nothing and use the proceeds to buy one with a title.

do you know anyone who lives in NY? It can be registered as a home built trailer here. Then just buy it for ten bucks from your friend and re-register in PA? (I think that's where you are). I think it's around 40 bucks to register a trailer for the year here. That plus taxes on whatever you decide the bill of sale will say and you have a registered trailer.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
I don't know anyone with one. Could kinda use a better one myself. I got a really reasonable quote for a new one from these guys though. May do it someday http://emimarineinc.com/ (it was a while ago though and I don't remember the number)

there's a searay on a nice 18' trailer on CL. I'm out of project cash right now or I would dive head first. WIfe's van needs a torque converter... woh woh wohhhhh.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
do you know anyone who lives in NY? It can be registered as a home built trailer here. Then just buy it for ten bucks from your friend and re-register in PA? (I think that's where you are). I think it's around 40 bucks to register a trailer for the year here. That plus taxes on whatever you decide the bill of sale will say and you have a registered trailer.

Nope, I don't have any friends in NY. I know you can register Homemade in PA but it takes a material list, photos and inspection and a few more hoops. I might try getting ahold of previous previous owner and see if they will help me file for a lost title.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
A Holiday in Holiday!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/5952414996.html

[h=2]1972 18' Starcraft Holiday - $300[/h]
00E0E_lwt5csdw7Uf_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_5UPw6yq2FsF_600x450.jpg

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
A Holiday in Holiday!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/5952414996.html

[h=2]1972 18' Starcraft Holiday - $300[/h]
00E0E_lwt5csdw7Uf_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_5UPw6yq2FsF_600x450.jpg

might be an SS, but not a holiday... holidays had covered bows and they didn't have gunnels like that going anywhere near that far up the bow!!!! even if someone took the bow decking off... there would be no wide gunnel!!!!..... so its either a Mariner or a stripped SS

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
whoah price is right​
Want me to go get it for ya? :boink: :lol:

might be an SS, but not a holiday... holidays had covered bows and they didn't have gunnels like that going anywhere near that far up the bow!!!! even if someone took the bow decking off... there would be no wide gunnel!!!!..... so its either a Mariner or a stripped SS

Based on those side panels inside and the old vinyl glue up in the bow..........it's a stripped SS.

Whatever it is, the seller has clear title plus the most recent registration and that's a big deal here in Florida! If it says Holiday on the title, or something else, it's still workable.

Quite frankly, if I wasn't saving my pennies for a concrete pour (and didn't have a large caliber frying pan aimed at my head) I'd be pulling my Chief off the trailer and rolling down to pick this boat up! Ya know whut ah mean? :eek: :D

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
If it was like that 21' out in Cali i'd be on my way. Actually have a friend from my other forum who lives in Tampa who'd go grab, and store (hide) for me. Plus we've been to each others house for weekend drunkfests. He's looked at a couple of them for me that yall have posted.

18' holiday will work, that 21' would have been too sweet.