Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

KellyC

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Starcraft on clist!

You know you guys in MI and such really kind of bite the big one:eek:. With all those good deals floating around and then you look at what is offered out here on the west coast and it really makes a person sick. Like that big 26', man I would love that but not gonna drive for 3 days each way and plus the cost of fuel would kill me. Diesel is right at 4 bucks a gallon now:mad:. Sigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aldo P.

Cadet

First post... The Detroit SS is what I'm looking for as well, although it's woefully underpowered. Pretty sure from the pics she's an 18. I had her twin- a '72 w/ a 65, back in the 80's. Great boat, raised two boys in her, now have four granddaughters to raise in a new one (to me). Been lurking here for a couple months reading in amazement what you guys do! Hope to join the Starmada (again) shortly whether it's with this one or another. This baby is a 300 mile/5 hr. drive, so if there's anyone over there that has info on her, please share!
AP

Huron Angler

Admiral

Aldo, welcome to iboats. There are some Starcrafts out your way too so I'm sure you can find a good one closer.

We are lucky here in Michigan, tons of old tin cans just laying around for sale. With gas prices there will be even more boats up for sale this summer probably too.

Try one of the craigslist search tools like craiglook or some of the others, you will find a boat real quick:)

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

Aldo P.

Cadet

HA, thanks for the welcome- do appreciate it... Yeah, been watching CL for awhile now- there's a basket case over in the mid part of PA but I think it's a 16; no response to my inquiry. Torn between a "ready to go" route (meaning initial $$) or the overhaul route which will bleed $$ as you know. Would like to get one soon so we can get started! BTW, super job on yours! That's a nice rig...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Can somebody over in the Starmada West Division give KellyC a hug for me? I think he is feeling just a little grumpy.

:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

HA, thanks for the welcome- do appreciate it... Yeah, been watching CL for awhile now- there's a basket case over in the mid part of PA but I think it's a 16; no response to my inquiry. Torn between a "ready to go" route (meaning initial $$) or the overhaul route which will bleed $$ as you know. Would like to get one soon so we can get started! BTW, super job on yours! That's a nice rig...

Welcome to the forum Aldo. I went to college in Erie so I drove through your area plenty of times and still get up there a couple times a year. Starcrafts definitely do show up there from time to time. Hope you find one!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Huh? I saw that threrad too.

That boat on clist is brown, 1976 and in MI. Floyd M's is blue/white, 1974 and in VA. What am I missing?

I'm retarded.

Well that boat was done on here, and not real well. I can't find the thread because the search engine sucks.

KellyC

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Can somebody over in the Starmada West Division give KellyC a hug for me? I think he is feeling just a little grumpy.

:D

Naaaaa, not grumpy. Just wish that there were deals like what you find there around here is all:(. Yea there are a few good deals around here but they are few and far between. Just have to complain once in a while or somebody would think that there is something wrong with me.:D

Its all good though, things work out for me one way or another usually.:rolleyes:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You're right Mike! When you had said ozzgood I was thinking of ozenine in canada. Nice find. I see there's a CMC unit it on there solving the lack of TnT problem on that pre'78 Evinrude. That sure is a heck of a hull.