Good candidate for restoration.

00G0G_3YdCXRNINw5_600x450.jpg

00z0z_gDBj7FLN910_600x450.jpg

00i0i_3h11bb44qLZ_600x450.jpg

00L0L_hKh2eCmQHTL_600x450.jpg

00O0O_aJzWPDwiJBw_600x450.jpg

00L0L_ifXl7NIkaTe_600x450.jpg

00m0m_9WLVJcedFXn_600x450.jpg

"Bought this boat 3 summers ago with plans to renovate it and fell short due to complicated life situations. I was very passionate about bringing this boat back to it's former glory, but unfortnately need the money and can no longer hold on to it. Currently the boat is completely deconstructed. I have all the original hardware, nuts and bolts that came off of it. I rebuilt the transom out of AC exterior plywood and waterproofed it with fiberglass cloth and marine grade 2 part epoxy resin. There is enough resin and fiberglass cloth to waterproof a new plywood floor. I also kept the old slightly rotten floor to use as a template for a new one. After discarding the old water logged foam under the floor I checked for leaks and found none then sealed all the rivets for preventative measures. The only other repair to the the hull was filling and sanding some pitting that was present below the waterline. Overall the hull is in great shape and has no major dents or dings. I have also purchased many new things for the boat including a brand new set of Teleflex international boat gauges, two 47x86 sheets of hyrdoturf mat for floor, Teleflex Steering Helm, Fiberglass Cloth and 2 part epoxy resin, gallon of orange alkaline enamel paint with hardener and reducer, and many other extras. For motor the boat originally came with a 1958 Evinrude 35 hp but I didn't think it looked era correct and was lucky to find a rare 1973 Johnson 50hp short shaft. Purchased this motor for $600 and is in great shape. Has 135psi on each cylinder and watched it run when it was bought. Also purchased its controls for an extra $150 and an original service manual for $50. The trailer is a Holsclaw tilt trailer with two new wheels and a new jack. I have paperwork for both the boat and trailer. Just trying to get at least some of my money back. $1000 OBO. MUST GO SOON! Call or text three one five - five five nine - two seven three two. Thanks for looking."

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Wow, CC, that seller is a unicorn. Good price with solid power and trailer, check. Original hardware, check. Transom done right, check. It's like a vintage Starcraft kit boat, just bring it home and finish it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep ^^^ even at the dropped to 4K price, still way overpriced, even for a 25ftr.

If everything worked 9yrs ago when last run, why the 9yr nap?

I'd bet any lower then asking price would get the
Worth that in scrap BS​

pckeen

Commander
Boats in MN seem to bring a premium, but if you wanted a 25'.... http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cs...541816002.html

Wow. From the look of the mould on that, it has been sitting outside for the last ten years - needs a total rebuild. My experience is MN boats are less expensive than elsewhere - there is always a glut of used boats on the market. For the same money, you could find something in much better shape.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Here's a nice looking Chief that I bet could be taken home for next to nothing...

https://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/5554358210.html

Wow, great start right there ^^^ I'd probably start at 400 and hope to land 500-600....

Seller have 2ft-itis? Listed as both a 22ftr and a 24ftr in his ad.

No matter. Spare motor, locked up motor and plus a new gimble bearing all ON a trailer for sub 1K....

Outstanding find Jas.

Crews44

Recruit
Mod EDIT: Sorry Crew, posting your own boat for sale is not permitted

Last edited by a moderator:

dozerII

Admiral
Now I like the new style curved windshields, but it really looks out of place here.

FrankenCub

Petty Officer 1st Class

You see Grasshopper, it's in the details ;)
For this price your budget has room for TLC.
Needs a repower including drive

It needs a real Boat Lover.
Needs complete tear down to replace all the wood and fix saltwater corrosion.

LOL...But for $600 asking price, I'd be in it.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Not a Starcraft, but doesn't look half bad if you're looking for a cheap project. Easy to fix up that windshield.

1956%20duratech.jpg