Spark plugs splash deposits (glazing)

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Spark plugs splash deposits (glazing)

I would say just for the heck of it try a different fuel "brand". There's a story behind this but to long to tell here. It would be worth a try.

jtcarter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would say just for the heck of it try a different fuel "brand". There's a story behind this but to long to tell here. It would be worth a try.
Well i've gotten gas and not E10 from two different stores. Runs the same on both those brands. I might run 6 gallons or so of E10 just for the heck of it next time i go out.You're right can't see what it would hurt.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Do these two different stores get their fuel from the same fuel distributer ? I know, dumb question but I had to ask.

jtcarter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Still playing around with this thing right now. I does run stronger with the old OMS pump, smokes less too. I had a raker with no cup on it when i bought it. Ran around 5500, 5600. I'm right at probably 5300 right now. The raker i;m running now has quite a bit of cup in it. Bites great and has a lot of acceleration but i think it's costing me some speed. I also raised the jackplate up a 1/2 when i got home. It's now where it was when i bought it. I might run it again to see if i gain anything with the height. I'll probably have the cup taken out of that prop though to get it all the way back.

I tried the gas thing Boobie, i tried ethanol and 100% gas, it didn't make much difference either way.