So, what did you do today?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Tried to go fishing today .Got out to my spot and it was clear and beautiful.Half hour later i looked south and here comes a wall of black from Michigan towards me on the Canadian side of lake superior.Rushed to the launch and got my boat loaded and ready to go home,not wet atall.From the back of the boat to my truck door and my jacket was totally drenched!Boy when the skys open they spared no amount of rain right away,lol.P.S. i might of even stayed out if it was just rain but thunder and lighting rollingg towards me turns me into a chicken fast.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went fishing again today and as usual something goes wrong.Fish finder was not working properly so cut the trip short to address the issue. Transducer was either defective or somebody kicked it off and i didnt notice before i went out.Only fix is new transducer so i put my old lowrance x-125 on.I actually read the manual and have a much better grasp on how to use it ,lol.Cant relly remember why i bought a new one but if i find out its because the x is just no good anymore i just may convince myself that a new really good one is the way to go.If on the other hand it functions better or great because i understand it better i will be on the lookout for a elect downrigger.So back out fishing tomorrow in my single minded quest to catch my first laker and rainbow.4 types are roaming around my fishing hole lately ,coho,king salmon ,lakers and rainbow trout.They come in and then disappear for a little while then their back ,repeat all summer long..Best get to bed soon 5 am comes early.Fishing out of eastern end of lake superior in Gros Cap Ontario,so only wind and waves keep me off of the big water when they get too big for my 16 starcraft ss160.

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Went fishing again today and as usual something goes wrong.Fish finder was not working properly so cut the trip short to address the issue. Transducer was either defective or somebody kicked it off and i didnt notice before i went out.Only fix is new transducer so i put my old lowrance x-125 on.I actually read the manual and have a much better grasp on how to use it ,lol.Cant relly remember why i bought a new one but if i find out its because the x is just no good anymore i just may convince myself that a new really good one is the way to go.If on the other hand it functions better or great because i understand it better i will be on the lookout for a elect downrigger.So back out fishing tomorrow in my single minded quest to catch my first laker and rainbow.4 types are roaming around my fishing hole lately ,coho,king salmon ,lakers and rainbow trout.They come in and then disappear for a little while then their back ,repeat all summer long..Best get to bed soon 5 am comes early.Fishing out of eastern end of lake superior in Gros Cap Ontario,so only wind and waves keep me off of the big water when they get too big for my 16 starcraft ss160.

I have installed a few of the "new, really good" ones. It appears you need 12 credits of graduate level schooling to operate these new ones.

82rude

Rear Admiral
No kidding jakedaawg.My old x125 is bad enough but im going to stay with it for now as it worked fine.Caught some coho the other day and she pinpointed the depth just ducky.Going to have nice healthy coho tonight with fries just to balance out the healthy a bit,lol.I just added another downrigger to the boat and dugout my old penn 330 gt from the attic in the garage which i havnt used for ages.It has the same 17lb test line on it from the late 1980,s and you can still pull a house with it!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Glad im not out today.You know its going to be bad when the weather office tells you to flee to safe harbor immediately till the weather passes by.She,s getting bad out now hope we dont have our first tornado in well forever its getting that raunchy now.SAULT STE MARIE AREA AND UPPER MICHIGAN.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Glad im not out today.You know its going to be bad when the weather office tells you to flee to safe harbor immediately till the weather passes by.She,s getting bad out now hope we dont have our first tornado in well forever its getting that raunchy now.SAULT STE MARIE AREA AND UPPER MICHIGAN.

There was a long line of storms from up there to me. Had 2 go by us. One to the north and south, each about 10 miles away... Both were severe....

82rude

Rear Admiral
Tons of rain and winds ,no real damage it lasted about 15 to 1/2 hour was moving at 65kmh.Last one we had like that years ago blew the manhole cover right out of the middle of my hill and collapsed the road.Most peaceful summer for traffic ever,lol.Going fishing now as its a beautiful morning and im RETIRED!!!:lol:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I took 3 and 1/2 hours to put in a darn starter. Actually had to pull the motor to do it. Maddening!

Oh well, I billed for 7.5...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
No Title

If a pic is worth a thousand words...Enuff said!

Attachments

• photo270023.jpg
    photo270023.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo270024.jpg
    photo270024.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member
Worked on finished moving and reorganizing my boat and motor workspace. Primary shelves are mostly built and installed. Finished building OB racks, only got 2/3 of the OBs loaded. Pitiful to admit how many OBs that is.....

Prepped a Super Gator trailer to roll it over into its rehab spot by pulling the tilting tongue after removing the jack and winch post. Then set up a front wheel assembly so I can still roll it around easily.

Tomorrow hope to get the rest of the OBs hung on a rack. 2 J/E Fat50s, a Merc 650 and a 700 plus a couple of J/E BigTwin 35s will probably flat whoop me..... heavy beasts..

Its been a long road to get here.....

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Took out all the screens and washed them for the first time in many years...turns out you CAN see thru them...

Then we went boating..

82rude

Rear Admiral
Almost bought a new/used boat.Changed my mind and am going to do a quick job on the ss160.new floor and gluvit all the blasted rivets.All i want to do is get a couple of seasons out of her and then buy a new alumacraft 165 classic sans motor or maybe a triumph ropelene boat.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Almost bought a new/used boat.Changed my mind and am going to do a quick job on the ss160.new floor and gluvit all the blasted rivets.All i want to do is get a couple of seasons out of her and then buy a new alumacraft 165 classic sans motor or maybe a triumph ropelene boat.

Just say "no"...to the milk carton boat. I worked for the guys that first made them. They aren't any better now.

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
Poured a 75 yard concrete floor in a pole building...feels like it's time for a cold one or three...
It was a cool building though. He's building a house out of one end , the center is gonna be the garage, and the other end is the shed...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Spent most of the day, finishing up the rebuild on my wife's Subaru air conditioning and then moved on to the exhaust system on one of my trucks and finished it up, then this evening have been beating the body work back out on my camper truck that I hit with the plow truck last winter, so I can sell it..

Been a busy day!

:joyous:

Next up, I have to pop the motor in my explorer, so I can replace the rear timing chain so I can sell it, then fix the tailgate on the Aerostar so I can sell it! Before the snow flies!

:eek:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I scored today. $400 for a clean 8' bed for my 2010 chevy. Won't even need to paint, same color. Saves a lot of work this winter.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Just got back from the dentist a while ago.Thought i needed a filling but tooth was too far gone so out it came in pieces stubbornly.Boy is it ever sore ,and i normally tolerate extractions pretty well.Unless i come into some big coin it looks like dentures in about 5 to 10 years.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just got back from the dentist a while ago.Thought i needed a filling but tooth was too far gone so out it came in pieces stubbornly.Boy is it ever sore ,and i normally tolerate extractions pretty well.Unless i come into some big coin it looks like dentures in about 5 to 10 years.

I would find some big coin. Dentures sound like a pain in the rectum. Had a front bottom tooth pulled. Single root, easy extraction, right? Wrong! Had a hook on the end. Took forever..... Seems like nothing is ever simple...