Smart Tabs or Bennett Self-Leveling Tabs

MRS

Commander
Re: Smart Tabs or Bennett Self-Leveling Tabs

OK got my tabs SLT 10x10 will this work if I mount them here it is 3 1/4 inches from the chine. From where the chine is level to the hull bottom it does over lap a little will that be ok need to do this so I do not need to move transducer if it will work so do not need to drill and fill more holes. Man cannot wait to do a test run.

Last edited:

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mnypitboat;

I just read your post again and the reference to the "pushpins" indicates that these tabs are from our first generations back in 2007. The design improvements were made within 8 months of the first run. I would suggest that you call us so that we can provide you with a new system.

I will either call Monday or Tuesday. I already ordered the new plate, and when we got home it was on the front porch.. Fast shipping for sure. I tried to install it today, but it appears that the push pins are damaged causing it not to seat correctly. We do not typically go in water this rough, but we do occasionally. I don't want to lose them when I do.

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm with ya now. Some tabs can rarely hurt on any boat, now if I can only find some tabs for my kayak :laugh:

This was my point. Do I NEED them, well no, did they help, absolutely!! There are a lot of things I don't need, but do they make life a little better HELL YEAH!!

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

OK got my tabs SLT 10x10 will this work if I mount them here it is 3 1/4 inches from the chine. From where the chine is level to the hull bottom it does over lap a little will that be ok need to do this so I do not need to move transducer if it will work so do not need to drill and fill more holes. Man cannot wait to do a test run.

To be absolutely perfect the Tab should start right where the chine flat ends. However the small amount of overlap you have is fine and if it means not moving a transducer I would mount them that way.

MRS

Commander

To be absolutely perfect the Tab should start right where the chine flat ends. However the small amount of overlap you have is fine and if it means not moving a transducer I would mount them that way.

Thanks for the reply but will go head and move transducer and redo pitot so everything is right. Grandkids here now so will do when they head home got to give them all my attention now.:pride:

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Thanks for the reply but will go head and move transducer and redo pitot so everything is right. Grandkids here now so will do when they head home got to give them all my attention now.:pride:

I like the way you think!

Have fun with the grandkids!

Tom

MRS

Commander

Ok grandkids gone and tabs on will let 5200 dry for two days then give a test run. :plane: Should be smooth sailing.....:D

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mnypitboat;

I just read your post again and the reference to the "pushpins" indicates that these tabs are from our first generations back in 2007. The design improvements were made within 8 months of the first run. I would suggest that you call us so that we can provide you with a new system.

Spoke to Greg last Monday and he hooked me up with a new set up. You guys have taken care of me from day one and I really appreciate it. I was able to get them back on the boat on Friday and I have to say, the new mounting brackets are awesome. Thanks again guys.

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

mnypitboat;

You are welcome. Contact us anytime you need advise or help.

MRS

Commander

Ok grandkids gone and tabs on will let 5200 dry for two days then give a test run. :plane: Should be smooth sailing.....:D

I think I am going to like these was windy and rough yesterday, first thing I noticed was did not have to stand up to see over the bow when taking off. Was fishing and catching so did not get to really run around the lake a lot but when did move from spots it really did plane out at half the speed it use to, plus running back to the launch ramp at the end of the day windy and rougher bumpy and wet ride. But was better with the tabs than is was with out the tabs should really help pulling tubes and skiers...

Last edited:

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Thanks for the report MRS! I am delighted you are happy with them.

Tom
Bennett Marine