Cadet
Re: Show Your Lund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image206.jpg
[/IMG]

dave day

Cadet

Image204.jpg
This is my 1983 17ft 5.3 TYEE I would like to restore it but I have no idea what it should look like. I have the widows that went on the dual consoles but everything else was rotted. I slapped a cheap console in and put a merc 9.9 on it just to fish with it this year. Does any one have a pic of what she should look like?

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I finally have a pic for show and tell. 2009 1675 Explorer ss w/ 2008 75-e-tec. Nick named "Cranks Bait", as I own Cranks Bicycle Shoppe. It's two weeks old and already scratched and slimed. My wife hates that it smells like fish already.
vxlt28.jpg

What does she expect? Hey,...it's a fishing boat. Suppose to smell like fish,isn't it? By the way,...since the boat is an '09 and the motor an '08,
and with Lund now owned by Brunswick,...how were you able to get the
E-TEC motor in place of Merc? Was the boat ordered w/o factory pre-rig
or something? Anyway,...you have a nice rig there!

cbavier

Lieutenant

OK I'll show my 2004 Angler 1700 SS w, 115 Johnson 4-stroke. Not that I'm not proud of it just the pic is of it at the storage unit.

Andy

Andy: Why wouldn't you be proud of it? I sure would be.

Mas

Lieutenant Commander

WC 14 deluxe, 15 HP mariner.

I'm not quite sure from the pic, but what is the raised area from to the left of the operator's seat?

MAS

Expidia

Commander

What does she expect? Hey,...it's a fishing boat. Suppose to smell like fish,isn't it? By the way,...since the boat is an '09 and the motor an '08,

That lockup by Brunswick to only sell Mercs on Lunds was only for 5 years and was up in 08 I think. Dealers can sell what ever motor they want now from my understanding.

JJS1

Seaman Apprentice

The dealership I bought my boat from also sells Yamaha outboards but they wouldn't put one on my new Lund.
I had a Yamaha on my last boat and they're the best motor out there in my opinion. I never had a single issue with my 40hp 2-stroke, and that motor really had a lot of hours on it.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That lockup by Brunswick to only sell Mercs on Lunds was only for 5 years and was up in 08 I think. Dealers can sell what ever motor they want now from my understanding.

Nope, not '08. I bought an '08 1750 Fisherman. Boat only came with Mercury, but Honda was an extra cost option. I settled for the Merc as it came with a 5-year warranty.

The current 2009 Lund brochure features Mercury motors (pg. 6 of the .pdf file below, or pg. 8 of the printed brochure), and the list of standard equipment on all their models says "Mercury outboard motor" and "Mercury pre-rig". No mention this year of Honda as an option.

It appears Lund is still mated to Mercury.

http://www.lundboats.com/pdf/2009_FullCatalog.pdf

cranksbait

Seaman Apprentice

It was actually really easy. I already had the motor. I was hoping for an '08 model boat, but I got the '09 price, yeah!. It was ordered without the riggging in it. Then I bought the rigging and had the marina do it all up. I might have paid a bit more than the speced package, but I got what I wanted.

If the boat is on the lot and rigged already and you want another motor. The marina should still be able to set you up. You would have to pay for them to unrig then rerig, but you will get what you want. You are paying them for your boat, you should get your boat.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I wasn't aware you could get a boat from Lund without pre-rigging, but it makes sense. When we ordered our '08 1750 Fisherman, I was dismayed how they no longer came with bow rails like the previous models did. The dealer wrote the bow rails into the order and the factory put them on for us.

As some of you know, Lund didn't build the Fisherman model in '07. Turns out the model was very popular, but was cutting into their Tyee sales too much. When dealers screamed at losing the Fisherman, Lund brought it back in '08, but without the bow rails. That was their way of distinguishing the Fisherman from the Tyee.

Sorry, looks like I've contributed to getting this thread a little off topic. Interesting nevertheless.

MNice

Recruit

I'm not quite sure from the pic, but what is the raised area from to the left of the operator's seat?

MAS

That is my electronics area, the battery cables feed the entire electrical system from this box. I have a fuse block with a cigarette lighter adapter for H2o or cell phone, plug in for trolling motor, running & interior light switches and a ram mount for h2o & rod holder. Basically, its just to clean up the wiring.

Expidia

Commander

Nope, not '08. I bought an '08 1750 Fisherman. Boat only came with Mercury, but Honda was an extra cost option. I settled for the Merc as it came with a 5-year warranty.

The current 2009 Lund brochure features Mercury motors (pg. 6 of the .pdf file below, or pg. 8 of the printed brochure), and the list of standard equipment on all their models says "Mercury outboard motor" and "Mercury pre-rig". No mention this year of Honda as an option.

It appears Lund is still mated to Mercury.

http://www.lundboats.com/pdf/2009_FullCatalog.pdf

It's up to the particular dealer. My dealer was not mated to Merc in 08. Of course Brunswick is going to picture their Merc's in their Lund brochures because they benefit when they sell a package. and the dealer makes more off the Lund/Merc deal too.

Brunswick lost a bunch of dealers who no longer carry the Lund line because of that 5 year lockup. Even in 07 when I bought my rig my dealer had no problem if I wanted a Yamaha instead of the Merc. All he had to do with put the order in without rigging. don't believe what a dealer tells you when he is trying to sell you a boat!

I preferred the Merc over a Yamaha anyway (many more Merc dealers around for repairs where ever I travel) As soon as I can locate my second boat (I want a cuddy cabin) I will swap out whatever motor is on it for the 200 Verado!

Very nice Pat. Just wondering why you didn't mount your charger either on the console wall or sidewall of the boat off the floor? It looks like the charge may get in the way of your feet??????? Junky.....

Pat Curtis

Cadet

It may look like it, but I don't put my feet that far forward.

I did ponder installing it roughly where the grommet is currently at. The evil thing about that charger is that it has very sharp edges...and with the throttle maxed out my knuckles would have been very close to the top corner on the charger.

I couldn't mount it on the left side of the console, I have a big speaker there. I couldn't mount it on the opposite side of the console because there is a storage box inside the console.

Where it's mounted is one of the few places I could get away with it w/o coming into contact with it (I'm for real...it has some serious sharp edges)...have it completely out of the way. Also, the wires going through the grommet hide nicely in a storage compartment...enabling me to run 1 wire to the back (cranking battery) and the other up front to the 1st trolling motor battery. The 2nd trolling motor battery is located directly to the left of the charger. So it works out great where it's at.

Gillfisher

Cadet

My Lund had a Yamaha mounted on it at the dealership when I bought it, I believe they said the Merc 4 strokes were on a waiting list for a few months at that time (Aug '03)

fasassvalk

Seaman

New to site
Hello to all
This is the pro-v I just bought, it has been in a coma for the last three years
and I have been in the process of making it ready again. So far alot of cleaning and the normal treatment for comatose boats.
Look for this weekend to tell me if I did good or not !
http://photobucket.com/pro-v

Expidia

Commander

New to site
Hello to all
This is the pro-v I just bought, it has been in a coma for the last three years
and I have been in the process of making it ready again. So far alot of cleaning and the normal treatment for comatose boats.
Look for this weekend to tell me if I did good or not !
http://photobucket.com/pro-v

That's a nice looking ride. You can't go wrong with a Lund!